Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-09-2011, 12:38 PM

Pereg has just had another Grand Mal seizure

Looks like a 2 weeks pattern now.

Oh booger booger booger.

Sorry - not wearing. Sounding off. Booger.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear this. Sound away. Hugs to you both.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Was not even with her - went into the ensuite and closed the "gate" across the bedroom doorway so she could not get into the bedroom - heard banging and by the time I got to her she was in full clonic - spoke to her - clonic stopped but still rigid - but responsive though, knew I was with her.

She got up maybe minute later. No ataxia no bashing into walls. Gave her double dose of Pb then spoon of honey on some bread - now eating frozen chicken wings and giblets - typical hunger. Not so bad post-ictal at the moment, maybe because of just giving her food - I know after a GM she is ravenous.

Sorry. Need just to talk. Need the company of you all.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Hugs to you Malka and gentle belly rubs for Pereg x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Got to go check if she messed the floor - have wiped her down with baby wipes - she is OK with those as long as I start with the top of her head before going to her face, mouth, throat etc.

I hate having to give her extra Pb but think it is the best thing for her to make sure she does not cluster.

Oh heck oh booger, why my beloved Pereg? I love her so much and she shows me such trust. Just now is laying down by my feet. I love her so much.

Think the Taurine is helping stop bad post-ictal. Who knows.

Sorry. Just so alone everything closed for Shabbat - nobody around. Just me and Pereg and I love her so much and I know she loves me.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Bad luck---how much PB is she on? Presuming it is a regular dosage?

rune
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Bad luck---how much PB is she on? Presuming it is a regular dosage?

rune
Started on 25ng BID when diagnosed on 10 April.50mg BID. Increased to 50mg morning and 25mg on 24 April - upped to 50mg BID following two very bad GMs on 14 August.

GM 6pm on 2 September and now 3.30pm 16 September.

Longest seizure free was 7 weeks 2 days, then 5 weeks, then 2 weeks 2 days, then 2 weeks - oh it is all written down but not important to post here.

Now it seems to be a 14 day cycle but I think the Taurine is definitely lessening the bad post-ictal. She is just about back to normal now. Actually has been surprisingly quickly.

I think she had enough food to bring her blood sugar up and replace the lost energy due to the GM - the extra Pb has not seemed to make her more zonked - she is just Pereg.

Absolutely no point in phoning Vet emergency - Shabbat will be in soon - he cannot do anything unless she goes into status, and I will do everything in my power to avoid that. If, of course, I can do it. He knows if I phone and say emergency need help now, he will come. Shabbat or no Shabbat.

Just oh no, not again Pereg, not again. But she is so good and I really do think the Taurine is helping ease the post-ictal - and this time no ataxia so she is not getting too much Pb.

Sorry - I do know what I am talking about - just so distressed that The Monster struck my beloved Pereg yet again.

Think I am talking rubbish.

Sorry.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 02:22 PM
So sorry Malka - it must be very difficult for you. It doesn't sound as though Pereg is on a particularly huge dose of pheno (if I interpret what you say correctly). My Rowan is on 45 mg twice a day and functions very well. Fortunately he hasn't had a seizure since he started medication but, until he injured his shoulder, was still doing agility at the top level.

I hope Pereg remains stable and you are able to relax with her. Hugs to you both.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Not sure if I said it correctly. Pereg is on 50mg Pb twice a day. Not the uppermost amount for her weight [~20 kg] but still not leaving much room for tweaking.

I gave her 100mg following the GM. I used to give her an extra regular dose following a GM but now give a double dose to ward off a cluster. My vet knows this and also and knows that I do know what I am doing, and trusts me to act on my instincts.

Not really much else he can do as he has never seen her seizing but as I say, he trusts me. And Pereg, bless her, also trusts me.

I feel bad that I was not with her when the GM started but got to her as quickly as I could, and I am convinced that the fact that I talked to her matter of fact, as if, oh, are you just having another silly seizure? It is OK, I am here - and then when she stopped clonic but still rigid but sort of responsive it was OK Pereg, you get up when you are ready.

And then it was just talking to her and saying things like oh it does not matter you are OK now, silly really.

I even made her sit and ask for the extra Pb I gave her following the GM? I mean how nuts is that?

But what do I know?

I know two things. I love Pereg and Pereg loves me.

I also know that Pereg trusts me.

And I will do everything possible to make her life as normal as possible.

Because she is my girl and I love her.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Looks like a 2 weeks pattern now.

Oh booger booger booger.

Sorry - not wearing. Sounding off. Booger.
Awwww sending big hugs malka hun to pereg hope she's ok
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >