Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:46 PM

Urgent help needed

Hello
Tonight while I was at work the babysitter let Abby out she got over our 8ft fence and killed our neighbours rabbits needless to say they arent very happy but I havent seen them yet. What do I say to them I can offer to replace the rabbits but her kids were in the garden and saw it happen, I am really annoyed as it could have been avoided if my babysitter had listened as the last thing I said to her was made sure you dont let the dog out(Abby wont go for a wee if Im not there).
I know its my fault so any advice would be great.
Mary
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:48 PM
All you can do is explain to them that the babysitter was at fault!

Poor you, let us know how you get on
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:49 PM
oh no mary

i don,t really have any advice but i hope you can sort it out with the neighbours
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:49 PM
oh no, poor you, just try and tell them what happened, thats all you can do!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Upsetting as it is Mary it definitely isn't your fault so please don't blame yourself for this. Accidents happen everyday and this was just that - a sad accident. Your neighbours may be angry at first but dogs are animals after all and some dogs have instincts to kill rabbits. Please don't blame yourself or Abby
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

sorry no advice but good luck with the neighbours. All you can do is tell the truth.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

I would try and explain to them - after all it was the babysitters fault for not following instructions - not your fault

If it were me I would buy the kids another rabbit so long as the parents allowed me to

hope you get it sorted out
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Oh no what a terrible accident It certainly wasn't your fault though undestandably your neighbours may not see it that way for a few days)

Just try and explain what happened. I am sorry what an unfortunate incident
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Thank you everyone, I dont think they will be reasonable as he came round while the babysitter was here and started swearig at her and made her cry, she has gotten out before and gone into thier garden now she goes for a wee on a long line and when we are in the garden she has a chain attached to a pole in the ground(she is never left alone) the only off lead exercise she gets is when we hire a field apart from that she is on a lunge line as I know she cant be trusted off lead, she has a very high prey drive.
I will offer to replace the rabbits(2 of them). hopefully she didnt eat any of them or she will be sick for the next week.
Mary
bullygirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2005, 03:04 AM
I am truly sorry to hear abvout your unfortunate incident. But as mentioned above, they are animals and accidents do happen. Everytrhing I would say has already been said, but hope all works out ok with the neighbors. I have to agree that it is the sitters fault, as you told her not to let her out, so don't blame yourself. We can't be there 24/7, and can only hope sitters do as we instruct.

Hang in there and let us know how things work out.

Bullygirl
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »