Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Sorry, haven't time to read everyone's answers, but mine is:
I think Roxy's right. I was worried as it is very bully dominated and both Roxy and I have dalmatians but are the only two (I know of) so conversation would be dull. I think a pole would be a good idea, to see how many people would fall into certain categories then you'd know if it was worthwhile setting it up.
I think if we used the KC categories then more dogs would fit into each category and add an arctic breeds section for the inuits, utonagons etc.

But any categories that don't have much in and are similar type dogs, try merging a little.

Just an idea. It's worth a try, but you'll have to be careful and make sure enough people will have people to chat to.

Also, I wouldn't worry about whether people only use the breed specific area. People post in grooming, showing, general, photos so I don't think people would stop posting in general to post in breed specific.

Otherwise, you could (and it's only a suggestion) ask people to find links to forums for their breed. For instance there is the British Dalmatian Club forum where you can get specific advice this would be good if you could give people permission to post on a particular thread the links to their breed's forum for if anyone needed specific advice.

Just an idea!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-07-2005, 11:33 PM
I like Dogweb just the way it is and agree with Snorri that if its divided into breeds-people may miss posts which may be of relevance to them.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 02:27 AM
my 2p

if i wanted to talk staff i would go to a staff board. i want to talk dog here. most of the ppl i think of as friend here don't have staff's. if it changed i don't think i would come back. as most of the ppl in the "staff corner" i would be on other boards with them and there is only so much we can talk about.

and what ppl have to remember is staff ppl are a lot like there breed of dog easy to get on with but can easily get carried away. ppl that own a shyer breed may be shy them self and not like to join in.

this thread has made me very MAD (and cos of it im thinking of leaving)
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
Please don't be mad, and don't leave. It was just an idea put forward to guage people's feelings and get some feedback. In my opinion it is thoughtful of Admin to consult and try to determine what will, or will not, please us before going ahead and making changes. It is because such things are discussed, and opinions canvassed, that DW is so successful and popular.
SB
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917

Nat are you being serious?

Why on earth would you consider leaving because some people have put their ideas forward?

If it all went ahead and the changes were made live and you didn't like it, then fair enough you might want to leave, but why just because of ideas?

As SB said its excellent to hear peoples views about things like this as it gives me an idea and feel for peoples thoughts. It's up to people to put their point across in a sensible and convincing way to be heard and perhaps make a difference.

I think at the end of the day though, many of our ideas will seem 'far out' to some but thats because they are so new and not done anywhere else... we like to innovate and set the precident that others do their best to immitate
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Nat are you being serious?

Why on earth would you consider leaving because some people have put their ideas forward?
yes i am being serious
i dont have a problem with your idea Azz, i dont like it at the moment but like you said when we are a little bigger then it might work well.. the problem i have is that it seams that there are a few ppl on here that are starting to not want to come her just cos there are staffie owners here. im sorry that we like to talk about our breed and im sorry they are 1 of the most popula breeds in the UK... if some many ppl have a problem with our breed then maybe it should be mabe DW - staffie's
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Isn't it odd how ancient threads keep being dug up and seem to cause heartache? Where did this one come from - it had been inactive since mid-May!

Thought the question had been shelved for a while????????? :smt102
IF DW should ever have breed specific corners I hope it won't be for a long time. The more I think about it, the more I get from 'general' or 'non-dog' sections.......due to the huge mix of people/dogs, I'm sure. I don't think I'd want just to speak with staffy-owners (though they're all nearly as lovely as their dogs) - a bit of variety is great.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-07-2005, 01:10 PM
I think a lot of the comments made in this thread were when we actually did have loads of staffie people here, but thats changed since, and we are far more balanced now

I might just remove this thread now because it is out of date and keeps getting resurected
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes your right DM - locking this thread so it can die a natural unadultered death
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9