View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2005, 06:33 AM
Would it help if the Staff owners disguised their Staffies as other breeds? I'm sure with Minis help I could get Saffy looking like a Minature Schnauzer

Snazy: looking at the active threads this morning I counted 5 out of 22 that were Staffy related. So I understand where you are coming from. But do you have a viable solution other than the one that was suggested?

Graeme
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Personally no I don't I certainly don't want the staffy owners to disappear it is not their fault the problem has arisen we just need to try to appeal to other breeds if we want the forum to develop into an truley all breeds forum.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2005, 06:59 AM
there is a lot of staffy owners on here but at the same time there is others here too,maybe do a poll to see just how many of each group makes up dw to give every one the right figures of breed related dogs on dw,then we will all know where we are.
i have nothing against staff's or their owners but some times it does feel like all the subject's are staffy related more than a general mix.
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2005, 07:07 AM
I think its a good idea as an artic dog can be completly diff to a bull breed therefore others with experience in certain problems would be able to answer it quicker. it can also help new ppl find there feet easier as they can go to there breed area and then we can help them from there! Aslo if you don't want to use the breed specific area you wouldn't have to!?
snazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2005, 07:43 AM
I just think that if you really do want to attract more owners from other breeds then this board does need to loose the staffi overtone. As I said before I don't visit often because of this.

Graeme, fluffy legs and a beard on your staff won't fool anyone
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2005, 08:09 AM
I really do not think that the Staff people dominate this board in any way. Yes, there are a lot of them but they also participate in discussions which do not directly involve their breed and they frequently have valuable advice and insights to offer. I would be sad if the Staff people were banished to their own corner. They are first and foremost dog owners/lovers and we can all learn much from them. If a thread starts off, or becomes, Staffy weighted - then you do not have to read it Having said that, I feel that most of the Staffy threads are extremely interesting and more than a little educational.

Gordon Lover did start to compile a 'breeds owned' list but I don't think it was ever completed. Perhaps Admin has a clever program that can pick up the 'breeds owned' data supplied by members.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2005, 08:14 AM
I don't think banished to their own corner is the way to look at this. It would I would have imagined been nice for the staffy owners to have a corner where they didn't have to worry about dominating the conversation and could talk staffy to their hearts content. And no one is saying everyone should stay in their corner the main board would still be the main board
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2005, 08:26 AM
I dont think it matters what breeds we have yes we probably all have favourites but it is still very interesting to share others opinions no matter what breeds you have after all we are all first and foremost dog lovers are we not
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2005, 08:32 AM
thats what brings us all together.......our dogs!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by scottish boxer
I dont think it matters what breeds we have yes we probably all have favourites but it is still very interesting to share others opinions no matter what breeds you have after all we are all first and foremost dog lovers are we not
I agree with Scottish Boxer and Leo to me Dogweb first and formost is about dogs and that is all dogs whatever the breed, pedigree or lack of it.

dogs first breed second.

When I reply to the post of someone who has a problem I don't normally stop to look what breed the dog is, but have just been to look and in the last two week I have replied to posts from owners of lots of different breeds and not many Staffs.

Whatever you do you can't please everyone.

If I just wanted to talk to just Schnauzer people I will go to a dedicated breed site, but I don't that is why I came here. To me the strength of Dogweb is the mix of dogs and people. I love hearing about the Staffs as much as I do any other breed, and if anyone else doesn't they don't have to read the Staff threads.

EDITED TO SAY Graeme I am knitting a beard for Saffy the Staffy with schnauzer trimmings as we speak.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >