Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
I cant see the need for it plenty of other breed specific forums around that I use and have done before Dogweb I think it will only confuse more adding new sections.

I agree with Laura - Dogweb runns perfectly as it is, why change it :smt102
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Gordon Lover - definitely.
Mo, Laura, Stephanie, Dinahlsmum - agree. Dogweb does run very well and I like to read about other breeds too.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:15 PM
I just cant see the need when you have plenty of members that get on well with each other and find plenty to talk about as they are. Dogweb is for a mix of people and then you have the other forums for the breed specific areas to talk more seriously about their breed. Also what you have to remember is some other forums will have been going longer so breed specific sections people may still choose to post on the other forums as they will be more used to the members, layout etc....and it's not like they are in competition of any kind so I cant see a need for change.

If it aint broke dont fix it.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Dogweb itself would stay exactly as it is, there would just be a section that contains links to the breed specific areas - and people need only go there if they wanted to. It would be viewable to all (like any other forum) but only those who have indicated they wish to subscribe to that 'group' will get permission to post in there. it will basically be like a Mini forum. The BIG difference between this and other breed specific forums is that a) it will still have Dogwebs design, technical features, easy of use etc but more importantly it will still have the same 'feel - ie that friendly feel

We could start of one 'group' at a time and see how it goes. Remb Dogweb is still very young and the amount of members we have at present is small compared to where we are heading
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Still sounds like a good idea - would we have a crossbreed forum too ?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Julie
Still sounds like a good idea - would we have a crossbreed forum too ?
Yeah why not!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Can I just ask why you have thought about this?
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
We could start of one 'group' at a time and see how it goes. Remb Dogweb is still very young and the amount of members we have at present is small compared to where we are heading

Let me guess, Bull breeds first?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I feel this will split us up.........

Yes the normal DW will still be here, ut I think people will tend to go to their specific breed section.......

I think it's fine the way it is... There's plenty of breed specific boards all around the internet. The good thing with DW is that it's a mixed forum..

And I think people will tend to go to their "own" breed section, and then time flies and oups its time to log of.. and we wont be chatting as well as we do now...

F.ex I doubt if the DW weekend would have been thought of.. if we were divided.. Soz, JMHO
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
I'm sorry, but I feel this will split us up.........

Yes the normal DW will still be here, ut I think people will tend to go to their specific breed section.......

I think it's fine the way it is... There's plenty of breed specific boards all around the internet. The good thing with DW is that it's a mixed forum..

And I think people will tend to go to their "own" breed section, and then time flies and oups its time to log of.. and we wont be chatting as well as we do now...

F.ex I doubt if the DW weekend would have been thought of.. if we were divided.. Soz, JMHO
But what if it's quite the opposite? And it actually brings people from breed specific areas to a more 'global' area as well? I think it's at least worth a try - especially as breed specific boards sprout up all the time - meaning the 'forumla' for them isnt quite right yet, something which Dogweb may be able to address...
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »