Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:54 PM

In Search of Hot Tea......

I am VERY fussy about tea, and drink a lot of it. The Japanese tea ceremony has nothing on me - the tea has to be the right sort, the milk must be skim milk, 2 canderel (yes I know bad for me) but MOST IMPORTANTLY it has to be the right temperature.
Now I have a problem. I am sitting here at my laptop which is parked near the phone (as I am on dial-up and there is only one telephone point in this rented, temporary home) and the kitchen is two rooms away. I type a reply to a post, decide to put the kettle on, stick the tea bag and sweeteners in the mug, and come back. Answer another post. Go into the kitchen and put the kettle back on. Come back to the laptop and debate with myself whether or not to get involved in another post. Decide not to. Put the kettle back on. Wait for it to boil, pour boiling water in the mug. Come back to the laptop, decide to answer the last post after all and compose a long answer. Preview the answer and make a few changes. Finally send the reply. Go to kitchen and fish out tea bag. Pour in milk. Taste - ARGHHHHH! tepid tea! Pour away and start again.
This can go on a few times until, in desparation, I spend 10 minutes in the kitchen concentrating on getting HOT TEA while my dial-up clocks up the bill a little more.
Maybe I should give up and drink squash instead
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
do what i do make a flask of tea much easier
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:58 PM
I'd tried that but it seems to affect the taste.... as I said, I'm very fussy!

Now guzzling a can of 7Up
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:59 PM
what about one of them thermos mugs
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
I'd tried that but it seems to affect the taste.... as I said, I'm very fussy!

Now guzzling a can of 7Up
Snap Deccy since joining Dogweb over a year ago I seldom get a hot drink. I too am a tea perfectionist and even heat the mug first (and it must be bone china) with boiling water to keep it hot longer, and I still end up with cold tea and having to drink OJ
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
I don't heat the mug first but it must be absolutely clean and my water is filtered.
Do you use Malvern water???? I see you are in Worcestershire.... I was born in Great Malvern
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:12 PM
I am fussy about tea as well! It has to be really hot, cold tea makes me gag!
I have decided I could never be a mother as I like hot tea and sleep too much! LOL
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
I don't heat the mug first but it must be absolutely clean and my water is filtered.
Do you use Malvern water???? I see you are in Worcestershire.... I was born in Great Malvern
Deccy I live in Malvern but my water comes out of the river Severn with all those long lost bodies in it..
I used to trail up to the wells but can't be bothered now
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:21 PM
I like to drink my tea pretty much as soon as it's poured from the kettle!
I HATE warm/cold tea!

My OH waits till it's nearly cold before he drinks it! Same with coffee
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I live in Malvern but my water comes out of the river Severn with all those long lost bodies in it
Mine comes out of a well, or bore hole to give it the official title, and is pumped into the house. Very pure, the towns are going on to mains water gradually but there have been problems with farmers emptying slurry tanks into the lakes where the mains water comes from...... so I think I have the better option!
I still filter it though. when I first moved here, there were black bits coming out of the cold tap whenever I turned it on so I am careful!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >