View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2015, 10:32 AM
Meant to say Jenny glad the new BF turned out to be a gentleman and you liked him. Hope Kyla feels the same. Good luck for Brian getting op date. He'll feel a different man once that is done, hmm perhaps that didn't come out quite right. Lol. What I meant is good luck to him in getting it done successfully.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Amber's had all her immunisations which is more than can be said for me. I really should go and have the flu jab and more importantly the shingles one I have been offered.
Moyra, I have avoided my flu shot too. Unfortunately I am highly allergic at the injection site and my arm ALWAYS has a very tender, red, warm and huge EGG SIZED lump on it for an ENTIRE week after I get the shot. I got the shot one year, and it GAVE me the flu. Was horrible. I may just skip it this year altogether. When the Ebola was spreading around, everyone got the flu shot because Ebola starts with flu like symptoms and they didn't want people to confuse the flu with Ebola. Gosh that was a horrible year...
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi all
Bit of a miserable day here, grey and it has been raining but stopped now. For a bit.
I'm at work later but break up today
NJ glad the new bf was nice and fingers crossed Kyla likes him too and I hope that Brian doesn't worry too much about his op, glad he has a date though.
Good luck at the vets with Deags, fingers crossed they can do the vacs at the same time to save you a trip
I said to Tony that I'm going to only take Rosie out in day now, not fair on her at night. I must remember to tell the kennels about her fear.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Good day All,
This morning I took my four
for walkies right atop the moor!
The rain came down and how it pours.
not right to be caught out of doors.
Ignominiously, then, I fled,
off home and went straight back to bed.
I slept not one, but hours,two.
Then rose and sent this post to you.

Lord Byron - I ain't! At least I give it a go lol!
Hope Brian isn't to stressed by the forthcoming op, Nippy. Pleased the new BF passed muster.
As my terrible prose suggests it is absolutely disgraceful weather here - both rain and swirling mist and I did go back to bed for a while once my duties to dogs and livestock had been completed. Am now in the odd position of having very little to do - so have declared the rest of the day a personal Bank Holiday! Ta-Ra! Just like that.
Hope all are OK and the vets proves an easy trip Griff.
Bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Myra, a lot of people are allergic to inoculations, I usually get a bit of a swelling and red bump for a few days. Not looking forward to having both injections on the same day and presumably the same arm.

Poor Rosie can you get something to destress her and keep her calm? Only the damn fireworks are only going to get worse.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2015, 02:00 PM
I think everyone gets a red mark for a few days at the flu jab site, my arm aches after for a day or 2. I'm glad I've had the jab because the only year I didn't, I was so ill with a flu type virus, not again.
Moyra I've got some Dorwest organic valerian compound. I bought it last year, and I'll give it her the bonfire weekend,
It's good stuff
LG good poem,
I hope I don't behave ignominiously whilst at work today
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Rain stopped apart from fine drizzle, decided to take Mabs and Keshi on the river, it was really high, and although those 2 managed it, I was concerned that Cariad and Lona wouldn't be able to get onto the river bank, and even that was tiny with the river really high with a strong current. Mabs is amazing, she must be really fit, swimming against the current to get a ball and then back again letting the current bring her back and swimming sideways to where I was standing. Keshi ran up and down with a ball in her mouth, but didn't actually go in further than her tummy
As I was going to take Cariad and Lona onto the field, I bit the bullet and took Zenith on her first Grown Up walk along the main road. Cariad and Lona are steady in heavy traffic and Zenith is still a bit unsure so thought if she was in between them she would gain confidence. Off we went, Zenith was a flaming nuisance at first, she walks really well on the lead, but not today, Nana and Great Aunt were with us, and we were going somewhere strange. I ended up with her walking inside on my right in between myself and Cariad and she was a bit calmer, cars did cause a bit of angst for Zen, and I think she felt safer than on the outside between Lona and myself. Got to the field, and let Zen loose with Lona, both with leads still on and trailing so I could catch them if need be, but didn't need to worry, it all went well and we came home with Zenith out of bounce and walking a lot more calmly, still a bit wary of the traffic, but I think she did well for a first time.
Won't be doing the flu jab, everyone I speak to has been ill and actually got flu
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2015, 02:55 PM
I got flu after my jab last year, that is why I am in two minds yet everyone associated with the med profession say you cannot get flu from the jab.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Moyra - My Doc (who has also become quite a good friend)
whom I trust, says that it is impossible to get the flu from the jab. It is reckoned that the people who get a dose of flu after the jab were actually coming down with it prior to vaccination. As regards the swelling at the site and associated reactions - I have never had anything at all and afterwards no ill effects at all.
Perhaps I'm just lucky - will give a verdict on this years vaccine when he calls on me next tuesday, as he did say that whilst he was here he would give me the jab.
June - sounds like the little 'un is getting the hang of things, would have thought that going out with her steady relatives would be the ideal. Go on have the jab - law of averages says you've got to get a good one some day. All the medical profession can't be wrong uns, my aged grandmother (who died some 20 odd years ago) was a patient of Harold Shipman and she swore he was a lovely chap and very fine doctor, she said nothing was ever too much trouble for him! With his care she managed to make 100. Yet look how he dealt with some of his patients!
So if you do opt for the jab - just don't annoy your doc before he does it! lol !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Don't break a winning combination, LG. Not had a flu jab so far, (crosses fingers) and youngest son who is diabetic has also never gone for one, as he says the same as me, knows lots of people who have gone for them and become really poorly
Talking of winning, watching Tipping Point (yes I know I should be hoovering the stairs) with tea and biscuits and a guy's just won £10k, I knew most of the answers, peeved because it Should Have Been Me
Very fine rain here now. Looked out and there is Cariad lying asleep in the rain. Firstly she HATES going out in the rain, secondly I was sorting their beds out and you ought to have heard the mutterings and grumblings because I moved her to check if there were any wet patches underneath her as soon as I'd tidied them up she was back there like lightening. Yet there she is lying in the rain, fast asleep. Of course that coat of hers is so thick and heavy she probably hasn't realised yet, the face on her when she realises would put you off her tea. Huffing and puffing with annoyance she will take herself off to bed only sticking her nose out when I go out with lamb ribs for tea
Have had a piccie of Cullan this morning, another one up to no good with that guilty look on his face
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >