Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lovely, I wonder what colours you will get from that mating?
his son has a really nice look about him as well,
In theory - mainly black and white - possibly red and white, with a very slim chance of tris. He does not carry the dilute gene so no blues or lilacs.

I have seen several of his pups - and they are all stunning - he is such a nice dog - I'm so pleased - after going through several others only to discover temp/health problems in the lines....I was at the point of desparing that would find a nice red and white!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
In theory - mainly black and white - possibly red and white, with a very slim chance of tris. He does not carry the dilute gene so no blues or lilacs.

I have seen several of his pups - and they are all stunning - he is such a nice dog - I'm so pleased - after going through several others only to discover temp/health problems in the lines....I was at the point of desparing that would find a nice red and white!
Just curious, but why go for a red if the majority of the pups are going to be black? Probably a stupid question, but just wondered!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Just curious, but why go for a red if the majority of the pups are going to be black? Probably a stupid question, but just wondered!
Breeding for health, temperament and ability, above appearance perhaps? A good dog is never a bad colour.... so they say
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Breeding for health, temperament and ability, above appearance perhaps? A good dog is never a bad colour.... so they say
But that's my point is it not! What I'm wanting to know is why strive to find a particular colour stud dog, when it's obviously been difficult to find, if that colour is not likely to be produced anyway? If the majority are going to be black, why not look for a well bred, health checked and temperament tested black and white BC.

Just a curiosity Tassle you understand, I'm not criticising.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 08:50 AM
They are all stunning
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I will answer for her, she wants a red and white dog pup if possible.There is a chance Siren carries the red gene.She wants a Siren pup, she doesn't want two litters (at the moment anyway!). So putting her to a b/w would get rid of the hope of a red and white completly.

The laws of sod being what they are she will probably end up with a litter of b/w bitches. They will be loved and wanted whatever.

rune
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
But that's my point is it not! What I'm wanting to know is why strive to find a particular colour stud dog, when it's obviously been difficult to find, if that colour is not likely to be produced anyway? If the majority are going to be black, why not look for a well bred, health checked and temperament tested black and white BC.

Just a curiosity Tassle you understand, I'm not criticising.
Not a problem....as Mum said - I would like a red and white - I will be happy with a black and white (more than happy ) but putting her to a red gives a higher chance of her throwing red....I could put her to a black and white carrying red - but there would be less chance of her throwing red. Its what I would have done if I could not find a red and white I liked though.

ETA.....I would be more than happy with a Bitch as well....I think a dog would fit in better with the situation at this point - but I do like working the bitches.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:15 PM
aw they are both gorgeous!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3