Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Why, why, why....

...wont owners keep their dogs under control?

Today since i was in the area i went to the beach, i had 3 out of my 5 dogs with me. The tide was miles out so the dogs were all off lead and charging around playing with the ball and each other.

I heard the soft drum of footfall and turned round to see a large Chocolate Lab charging towards us - after the attack with the Boxer last year, i am a bit cautious of dogs charging up so put Holly (PRT) on the lead, she dislikes dogs she doesnt know running at her, but left Kali (Wire Vizsla) off as she will ignore other dogs or just verbally tell them to get lost, i also left Jake (Beddy Whippet) off as he just gets out the way. Despite me trying to block the Lab, he leapt on Holly and immediately began humping her - he was so big and heavy that her face was down in the sand...everytime i tried to pull him off he snarled and then began mouthing the back of Holly's neck - of course, she was growling and air snapping at him but undettered he kept on humping. He then turned his attentions on Jake and tried to hump him, he managed to get away and ran a good distance away and stood and waited...at this stage the dog then leaps on me and attaches to my leg and starts humping me.

No owner in sight.

I get him off but am now covered in sand and that black, oily kind of sand that is underneath normal sand. I gave him a good slap with the slinger and finally he calmed down. At this point he grabbed the toy that the dogs had been playing with, ran off into the water and that was the last we saw of the toy...however, he came back 5 minutes later and stayed for the rest of the walk - despite Kali's increasingly 'bu&&er off' barks.

I get back to my car and i'm putting my dogs in the car and this idiotic dog is leaping all over my car trying to also get in, i managed to get the boot shut and kneed him off the boot - now amass of nail marks. At this point a woman gets out of her car talking on her mobile and whistles to the dog and opens her own boot.

She then proceeds to tell me how she parks there every day so he can 'go off and make new friends'...

I was fairly polite (she is a client i'm sure) but very straight to the point and she was left in no doubt as to how i felt about my scratched car, my poor dogs humped within an inch of their lives and my brand new North Face coat - covered in sand, black sand and slobbers.

Her attitude was really appalling and got worse when i told her that i had a note of her registration number and that she would be getting a bill for the state of my car - there are about 30 or 40 foot long screeves right down the paintwork.

God, what is wrong with these people.

Apologies...rant over!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow, people never fail to amaze me. How ignorant of her!!
I hope you do take action over the scratched paint work. I would also report her to the dog warden- her dog was out of control in a public place, maybe a few stern words wouldnt go amiss.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I seriously cant understand how you can sit in a car - (incidentally - her car was in full view of the beach - so she couldnt have failed to have seen her dog harrassing mine) - and allow your dog to walk itself?

I am having my car looked at tomorrow at the local 'Chips Away' and fully intend to send her the bill. I wont phone the DW but will tell her if i see her again sitting in the car and letting her dog roam that i will. I should also send her a bill for the mess of my coat.

Am seriously pee'd off!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:12 PM
oh my god that is shocking! How dare she, what a lazy, irresponsible idiot I really can't believe it! If that'd happened to me and that dog had tried to hump my female they'd have been chaos, and a vets bill somewhere, just shocking. Make her pay!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I can't believe she just sat there and watched all that going on She is lucky that the lab didn't meet a aggressive dog. Good on you for making her pay!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:40 PM
That is APPALLING.

I would have chucked water over that dog, or yelled at it, I'm afraid. You should not have to put up with some random dog harassing your own dogs!

I do not understand, and never will understand, these owners who just look the other way while their dogs do whatever they want.

I hope you send her a nice big bill for your car!!!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Wow, people never fail to amaze me. How ignorant of her!!
I hope you do take action over the scratched paint work. I would also report her to the dog warden- her dog was out of control in a public place, maybe a few stern words wouldnt go amiss.

Well said.

Who is to say that her dog would not have done more than growl etc?

And what if it went charging up to a small child? Or an elderly person?

I have a Lab, I know full well how strong they are and how they can charge and jump with such excitement that they can really injure a person!

Maybe if the dog warden gives this fruitloop a warning, it might spare someone else a nasty encounter with this out of control dog!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:46 PM
i think you should contact the dog warden, its the absolute height of irresponsibility and had this dog harassed me with my dog on the beach with my kids, I dread to think what would have happened as my dog is dog aggressive and with my kids there too I wouldnt be able to hold a dog back and stop my own and hang onto buggy and wee ones hand.

I think thats absolutely shocking. what a stupid woman.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:50 PM
what an idiot! and not only that what if her dog had a sh!t on the beach shes obv not gonna pick it up!! lazy bloody people!
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Well said.

Who is to say that her dog would not have done more than growl etc?

And what if it went charging up to a small child? Or an elderly person?

I have a Lab, I know full well how strong they are and how they can charge and jump with such excitement that they can really injure a person!

Maybe if the dog warden gives this fruitloop a warning, it might spare someone else a nasty encounter with this out of control dog!
True. You should see the mess of my legs and thighs from where he was clinging on to me, he also caught my chin and neck and I have nice claw marks on there too. I just checked Holly over again and she has two 'holes' (tiny) just behind her shoulders from his dew claws.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >