Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I think it's a shame you have to stop them just for showing
id stop them even if i wasnt showing, i dont like them pulling at each other and ripping out fur, my OHs dogs doesnt get shown but we dont like daphni to pull at his fur, i dont particularly like finding big clumps of hair that they have pulled out of each other on the floor, attached to my clothes. they still play, they still do everything else i just dont want them having no hair (slightly ironic when one of them is hairless )
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Could you put her a thin coat or t-shirt on to stop him from pulling her fur? I realise that with the weather - you'd probably have your heating on but a thin layer just to stop the majority of her fur being pulled out?

BTW - remember when she wouldn't go near him
yeah didnt think of that she does have a hoody, a pink one with little miss naughty on

and our house doesnt have heating, just a coal fire so its not too warm...
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
id stop them even if i wasnt showing, i dont like them pulling at each other and ripping out fur, my OHs dogs doesnt get shown but we dont like daphni to pull at his fur, i dont particularly like finding big clumps of hair that they have pulled out of each other on the floor, attached to my clothes. they still play, they still do everything else i just dont want them having no hair (slightly ironic when one of them is hairless )
I would agree.

My dogs play but I wouldn't be allowing them to pull hair either, not for showing but just as I think it is too rough and potentially risky, particularly with bigger dogs.

What is a pulled tuft of hair on a long haired dog can be an accidentally nipped or torn skin on a short-coated thin-skinned dog like a whippet.

I would generally be very unimpressed if any other dog playing with one of mine was grabbing to the point of pulling hair out.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
I would agree.

My dogs play but I wouldn't be allowing them to pull hair either, not for showing but just as I think it is too rough and potentially risky, particularly with bigger dogs.

What is a pulled tuft of hair on a long haired dog can be an accidentally nipped or torn skin on a short-coated thin-skinned dog like a whippet.

I would generally be very unimpressed if any other dog playing with one of mine was grabbing to the point of pulling hair out.
thats what i thought. i dont want them to think its ok to play with other dogs like that, as another dog may not appreciate it, also i wouldnt want some other dog to come up to mine and start puling at hair round its neck.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yeah didnt think of that she does have a hoody, a pink one with little miss naughty on

and our house doesnt have heating, just a coal fire so its not too warm...
Problem sorted
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Sirens tail is a bit Sparse at the moment as Zeff like to play with it - I recall Tassle doing the Same to Jasper when she was a pup.

Time and patience training, but not overly worried about it, but then - I don't show.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2