Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2021, 07:51 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 23rd May

Good morning everyone

Hope Steve enjoys his new job and it is less stressful for him although by the sounds of it not for you Kelly. Hope you get through to your consultant and things get sorted quickly.
Hope Joel and family are still ok Lynn. My son didn't try and go for a test as he said what is the point as he has to isolate for 10 days anyway and that is what he is doing.

Lovely morning here. Planning on trimming a bush outside the lounge window before the scaffolding is erected on Friday for he gutters etc. Have also planted out some Penstemons that I took as cuttings last year. Cant remember which colour they are though

Hopeall are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2021, 08:52 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Lovely and warm here today so Dillon and I were out just gone 6.30. Gorden left for his visit to his students by 5.45.
Washing out, washing up done, dishwasher done, whites in the machine and the bed to strip in a bit.
Thank you sue yes they are all good except poor Mark who is trying to get over this stomach flu.
Seems they weren't in the same part of Cornwall they have had no texts about isolating and tests clear, as Mark said when I told him and Lauren I was panicking Cornwall is a big place.
Joel said where they staying you couldn't use cash it all had be card transactions.
I agree no point getting the test if you had notification to isolate.
Brother Michael rang last night think he needed a chat. Margaret not able to get use to the stoma bag so he is doing it, up 3 times in the night to empty it if he doesn't he has a whole bed to change.
They had the oncology nurse round and he has now told me there is nothing to be done or no treatment it's palliative care. Margaret will have access to a place in Sandringham not far from them for homeopathic medicine and reiki which Margaret will take part in she loves all that stuff.
They have also had a nurse in to let them know they have options about hospice care in the future neither of them wanting to think of that yet.
Gorden and I popping over possibly next weekend, Gorden will type him some letters up for change of name on Margaret's pensions she has never got round to changing from her previous name to her now married name. 2nd marriage for both of them, also looking into solicitor as they have no will.
Also Margaret lost her wedding ring when out in town a few weeks ago she has lost so much weight, so Michael had a new one made they have their initials engraved entwined on them. £1200. Plus the iron blew up he stood on the hoover cord that came out so new hoover tele blew up and the boiler is on the blink so a man out today to look at that.
None of that needed at the best of times.
he did say he is not sure Margaret will be here for Christmas. Basically the Surgeon told them get her built up and go out and live your life what is left. they still have no idea how the things got missed on the CT scan and the cancer is in two major organs but he didn't say which.

griff sorry yesterday was a waste of time.
Hope Steve enjoys his new job, shame it will keep him away for so long each day. Try not to overdo things.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2021, 09:04 AM
Sue.... well, a bit of excitement while you wait for the flowers to open
Lynn, I am sorry to hear about Margaret and Michael...so very very sad....I am hoping she has plenty of good days to get out and enjoy herself
I am not required for dog duty until Sunday so a few days to myself
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2021, 09:37 AM
Thanks griff. Neither of them young so hard to overcome the disease for Margaret and hard for Michael to be her carer he will be 80 in September and not always in good health himself.

Make the most of your days resting till Sunday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2021, 11:56 AM
Lynn, make sure he takes all the help he can.....he won't be able to enjoy Margaret's good days if he is too tired himself.
Lol.....I will, dad will most likely drop me off on Sunday or might wait for me to walk Molly and feed her and come back here, it's just going to be a case of getting into a routine
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Good afternoon all.

What a beautiful day after the rain, rain, cloud of previous days. Gary came with us today and enjoyed it.

I think Steve needs to look into hiring a local dog walker Kelly. I can't imagine it doing your health much good running round to see to Molly.

So sad about Margaret, Lynn. It must be a nightmare for Michael. Tell him to take any help on offer and see if he can get carers to take over the night time duties. It's way too much for someone of his age.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2021, 02:14 PM
Thanks griff and Chris.
I told him last night he will need help, talk about de- ja- vu, I could hear mum and dad not sure what anyone can do I can't not sure I want people in the bungalow I don't know.
Obviously the nurses go in but I can see this being a battle.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2021, 02:44 PM
Panic over Chris, he has spoken to his boss today and it's not all going to be lates....so where tomorrow he starts at 4.30am, he will finish at 12.30...so same as usual, Sunday he will be doing 11 hours so I will need to go, it's not going to be every day that I am needed so I am happy with that! He seems quite happy about it, I think the fact that he won't need to deal with people and he doesn't really need to stick to a strict timetable.
Lynn, turn it back on him......He will be no good to Margaret, He needs help so that he can stay well and take care of her, he can have small jobs like some cleaning, preparing meals getting a few bits of shopping but for medical stuff..... sometimes it's best to allow the professionals to help as they know the right way and it's the best thing for Margaret, my mum took care of my nan, she did an excellent job but when the time came, she stepped aside...let the hospice do the medical stuff and mum was given jobs by my nan....my nan ensured anyone who looked after her or came into contact with her at the hospice got a gift...that was mums job, every day she would travel by bus to Warwick, do nans hair and makeup and help her decide what to wear, she would then be given her list of jobs....she would then travel back to Coventry by bus, go and choose gifts, travel back to Warwick by bus and let my nan see the gifts and decide if she was happy, if she was they would be taken home and wrapped, in amongst all this my mum would have to get supplies for my nans "bar" that had to be kept stocked as everyone who went to see her had to have a drink as "she might not see them tomorrow" that included nurses cleaners and volunteers.....that was important to my nan, not who got her dressed