View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I have to admit to not knowing a lot about any of the breeds apart from the APBT and yes I would have one (not in my current house but I would love to own one if they weren't a banned breed) I read with interest a thread started about the fila but I am not that keen on their looks. I do like the look of the Tosa but no nothing at all about the temprament/history and the Dogo isn't for me based on looks alone(again no very little about it)
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Personally I don't always agree with the theory about no such thing as a bad dog, and it is always the owners fault.

Certain breeds are predisposed to certain behaviour. APBT were originally bred as fighting dogs, and therefore they are more predisposed to be dog aggressive and to potentially be unsafe around other dogs than breeds that were not bred for that purpose. This does not make them "bad" dogs as such - but just dogs with inherent instincts that some owners will find difficult to control.
APBT's were originally bred as farm and butchers dogs for controlling livestock in England, they used to be referred to as a Bulldogs. They were later used for dog fighting, which seems to be the now popularised history of them. Some excellent historic info here: http://www.workingpitbull.com/history.htm

To answer OP, then I would go for the pitbull, too. Not especially keen on the others.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Snoringbear View Post
APBT's were originally bred as farm and butchers dogs for controlling livestock in England, they used to be referred to as a Bulldogs. They were later used for dog fighting, which seems to be the now popularised history of them. Some excellent historic info here: http://www.workingpitbull.com/history.htm

To answer OP, then I would go for the pitbull, too. Not especially keen on the others.
is it true that they were Bull and Terrier Dogs? from the english bulldog and the terriers over here and so on?
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
lol !! no, you had better not

...out of exp..id say turtles do yes
Ha! " my jackal could take your wolf any day! "
bullylurchers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:13 PM