Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2011, 12:35 AM

Hills WD prescription diet

Hey ,
has anyone ever had problems with there dog been constipated on hills wd , my little russel cross has trouble with constipation and i wondered if any one else had the same problem
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 02:04 AM
If its the dry kibble you are feeding enquire about some wet food in tins from your vet and either mix it with the kibble or feed the wet food from the tins

Katie is on R/D [renal food] and wont tolerate the kibble so she gets the wet food in the tin
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks
Lady used to be on RD for her weight but the vet moved her onto WD cause she was losing too much weight ,she is on half dry and half tinned ,its very hard to find a diet for her cause she has many allergies .
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Have you ever considered raw feeding? Lots of owners of dogs with allergies have found it a good way to provide a varied diet whilst leaving out the problem foods like grains etc. It takes a little research but when you get into the swing of it, it's not that hard.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:44 AM
WD is very high in fiber, might be why its constipating your dog. Talk to your vet about your concerns.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I have spoken to my vet about it a few times but lady has quite a few allergies ,so at the moment he is stuck .
No i never looked into raw feeding ,might be worth looking into though ,all the vet has suggested is liquid parafin buts thats only tempory solution