View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks Tee, I have edited and sent u a PM!

Its like the word Jew I was saying to someone about it the other day, there is a racist way and a way that is fine to say it

Like 'THE JEW' is racist, but hes/she a jew is not
Confusing really, but certain terms can really offend people
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I can see how people could find 'the jew' offensive. It sounds as though a person is defined by their race. It's like when Jade's mum referred to Shilpa as 'The Indian'.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah i agree, its horrible to call anyone The Indian, The Jew, The etc as it singles that person out for being of different race or religion etc
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 03:39 PM
its the
THE ...........word isn't it i think it sounds like a title rather than a person
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, exactly Inca.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Yes i agree The English or The Christian is offensive too!
But Jew Girl and Jew Boy is very very offensive to us, but Jewish girl or Jewish person isnt
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
I believe its racist but not just from Jade Goody, Danielle, Jo, and Jackiey all made comments which made it racist
Such as
Jakiey - Calling Shilpa The Indian , Do you live in a Shack
Jade - Shilpa Poppadom
Jo - Maybe Indians are so ill because they dont cook thier food properly
Danielle (clearly the worst) - Shes a dog, she wants to be white, she should F off home
Then they bullied Shilpa and made he feel uncomfortable and made her cry
Jo, Jakiey, Jade and Danielle are a disgrace the UK, but maybe people may now see how people of a different race and religion have to live with everyday, many Asians, Jews, Muslims and Black people etc where not shocked because they deal with this day in and day out (i am talking from exp here having being involved and being someone of different race and colour)
Shilpa is a beautiful, intelligent, classy and amazing woman, everything Jade, Jo, Jackiey and Danielle are not, which makes them jealous and shows thier true colours

Lets hope Teddy S does say goodbye to Danielle as he has worked hard on Kick Racism out of Football, as 3/4 of West ham who he play for are Black

Jade Bullied Sophie in Big Brother 3 and i have never liked her and hopefully her 2 children WONT be caught up in this as its unfair!

As for Jack he is just a nobody without a brain and not worth talking about

Hayley SBT your a woman with her head screwed on, your thoughts are the same as mine.

Personally I cannot believe the plain faced cheek of Jo and Danielle, they are certainly sucking up to poor gullable Shilpa now Jade has gone.

I feel so sorry for Shilpa, she is a lovely trusting girl and will be very shocked when she see's what them two faced girls have said behind her back, im sure she will feel distraught.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Yeah i agree, its horrible to call anyone The Indian, The Jew, The etc as it singles that person out for being of different race or religion etc

Thats so true, it is very hurtful.

At college the names I was called alot were

''The Hippy'' or ''The Heathen''

Because I am a Pagan and refused to hide my beliefs.

It is hard to believe in todays modern society there is still such prejudice, people shouldnt be judged by thier faith, they should be respected for who they are, not depending on thier beleifs.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I have it on now, Jo has said at least 3 times to Dirk, in different ways, "I hate you." That is so nasty.

Not racist I know, but I had to say something.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 11:05 PM
She really is a two faced low person isnt she!

Hate is such a strong word and it can be very hurtful, personally I think Dirk is great!

I love the A Team. It wouldve been great if they couldve gotten Murdoc in there... but anyway.

Why does she hate Dirk?

I thought the way Dirk and Shilpa flirted with each other was very entertaining and as far as I can tell, Dirk, Shilpa, H and Jermaine are the only up front people in that house!
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 >