register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What do you feed your Doggys!
Beta (Dry Dog Food) 15 4.90%
Bakers (Dry Dog Food) 14 4.58%
Chappie (Dry or wet) 6 1.96%
Pedigree (Dry Dog Food) 6 1.96%
James Wellbeloved (Dry Dog Food) 37 12.09%
Eukanuba/Iams/Science Plan/Pro plan (Dry or wet) 26 8.50%
Cesar (wet food) 1 0.33%
Frolic (Dry or wet) 2 0.65%
Raw Diet Only 62 20.26%
Other (please specify) 164 53.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 11:21 PM

I feed Jess on JWB and also meat, steak, chicken, pork etc for her main meal at night.

What a spoilt brat huh! :smt016

She was on the BARF diet but sadly her tummy just never took to it, she had dreadful diarrhea when I tried her back on it after her illness. Otherwise I would much prefare her to be on this.

I get berated alot for feeding Jess with expensive meat but I shrug this off, if I can spend the money for me and my hubby to eat this way I will not begrudge my dog the same privelidge.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Star is on bakers and has always seemed to do well on it, Skye is on royal cannin and Jake is on what Storm was on, Rice, veg and meat, He seems to thrive on it and is still active quick and hardly ever ill.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by DanishPastry View Post
I am shocked that 10 people feed bakers, do you not like yuor dogs?

My girls have an aditive dry food called Olivers, but as far as I am aware, it is only sold in Denmark. They get the odd left over, and occasionally porridge added to their dinners.
I am sorry i think suggesting that people do not like their dogs because they feed a type of food you dont like is insulting at best. Star is on bakers at the moment and is doing well on it. He will be changing to the same as Skye is on in a few months but i would not hesitate to put him back on it if he did not take to his new food. The mcdonalds comparison is funny imo, you could feed a child mcdonalds and you can safely say no child would thrive on it, where as some dogs do on bakers. Also some dog owners are on tight budgets and bakers is a good choice.
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2007, 05:09 AM
The amount of dogs I have heard of with behaviour problems due to bad diet (most of them Bakers) is what made me post it Stormy. I am sure you love your dog, but I am also pretty sure there are other, better alternatives out there than Bakers, even for people on budgets. My fiancée worked in rescue for over 10 years, and has helped many people with problem dogs. When owners complain their dogs were hyper and unable to take in training, it was often sorted by taking them off Bakers or equal unsuitable diets. It is a fact that a lot of dogs react badly to the additives in the cheap foods, colourings (all the E numbers) and such. You are just lucky your dog tolerates it I guess!
I did not mean to offend you.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Both my dogs get 4 Bakers Meaty Chunks each for breakfast, most mornings. Only a small amount, I know. Both of them are well-trained and behave impeccably 99.9%
of the time. They are both in advanced obedience classes and my Westie has won numerous obedience and agility competitions. I suppose that 0.1% of naughtiness is down to Bakers, DanishPastry? I think not.

There are far worse things you could be feeding your dogs than Bakers dog food, in my opinion
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Inka and Kain have recently went back onto JWB Junior duck and rice, only cause the duck n rice is what Inka likes, Kain would eat anything really.
I would'nt think about changing her over just yet, the older the pup gets the less protien it needs so while she is growing she still needs the right amount of protien.
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Both my dogs get 4 Bakers Meaty Chunks each for breakfast, most mornings. Only a small amount, I know. Both of them are well-trained and behave impeccably 99.9%
of the time. They are both in advanced obedience classes and my Westie has won numerous obedience and agility competitions. I suppose that 0.1% of naughtiness is down to Bakers, DanishPastry? I think not.

There are far worse things you could be feeding your dogs than Bakers dog food, in my opinion
don't roll your eyes at me, I am only being helpful. If your dogs are fine on Bakers then good for you. I still don't understand why anyone would feed it though. There is not one good argument that will persuade me that it is healthy for your dog. I like junk food, but I can also feel what it does to me! It makes me more tired, cranky gives me mood swings and make me crave more junk food!
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Junk food is junk food, not designed as a complete and fully nutritious diet. If people tell you they find a food perfectly suited to their dog is it not a little rude to call them misguided particularly if, perhaps, you have never actually tried it yourself. Surely the point of this thread is to offer recommendations and ones own experiences not rubbish other peoples.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I shall roll my eyes if I damn well please.

Helpful? To whom are you being helpful? Certainly not myself.

I must also point out that my Westie has never had a skin complaint in her life (touch wood).
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Wainwrights, plus chicken bits or whatever to hand they are thriving best on this than any other food so happy with it for JS
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »