View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I have to admit...i did a bit of showing with Blue. He did really well....but i found it soooo boring. So i did feel really sorry for their son. But their dogs were very much loved.

Lets say i found it interesting !!!!!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Yes Deccy, I saw you. I couldn't pick you out of a line up, but I saw someone with a Dal. I also saw someone I know with an Irish Setter in the background too.

Dawn R.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:57 AM
oh deccy no i didn't ......more gossip please
were they a right bunch then ?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Hmmmmmm... not sure I should gossip, you never know if they read this!!!!!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 09:13 AM
I couldn't pick you out of a line up, but I saw someone with a Dal.
I wasn't the one in red trousers that you saw the bottom half of, with the liver bitch that leaped at something..... that was an Irish friend of mine! (Polo is deeply in love with Gemma) Just after that they had a shot of a mixed breed class and I was about the fourth dog back. I was spotted by various Dalmatian people who, like me, were glued to the screen in an effort to see someone familiar with something spotty.
Deccy was glued to the screen with his ears pricked, Polo was asleep and Polly was not impressed by my shouts of "Polly, you're on TV!!!"
gina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2006, 11:30 AM
I found this programme rather strange to be honest. I love dogs but 10 dogs kept in cages and used for show purposes is not my thing!They were not even toilet trained as I have never had a dog who pees or poos in their crates? I thought the children were horrid too, any child who swore at me like their son and daughter did would get a slap; not a good advertisement for people who show dogs i'm afraid but I suppose they were exactly right for how the "TV would like to portray" people who show dogs.

The other familly's holiday was also hardly what you would call a "childrens" holiday! still at least their children had better manners
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 12:43 PM
that aya napa hol was too adult for their kids! id love to go on a doggy holiday!....it was a turn up that the more chavvy family had more manner and discipline!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 06:12 PM
thank u inca but i did end up missing it after all wat a plonker i need to get tv mag !!!!!
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2006, 06:41 PM
What I found funny was Louisa Rogerson (daughter) didn't liek the idea she had to groom the dogs and the other family "took all the glory"

I Groomed two of your dogs today for Manchester tomorrow and I'm not even going! I won't get ANY of the glory!

Say's alot....
sarah2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I always find these Holiday showdown programmes amusing (sad I know). You can always predict how it will be battle of classes/ ages/ beliefs etc.

I must say I was cringing last night; now I am first and foremost a doggy person but the show really didn't show doggy people in a good light: we don't all have minging houses and smelly vans I agree with you Gina 100% they did nothing for dog show peoples reputations though I'm sure most of the british public out there will see that not all dog show people are like them Also I would have thought owning 10 dogs would make you erm how can I put this 'look rather fitter' than they did

As for the other family well lets just say their idea of a family holiday suitable for children differs rather to mine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2