Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Freysterdewdrop
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Frey has a broken leg

Well went for a walk to the local park this morning. It was about 11 o'clock when we got to the stream. Meg and frey ran through it as usuall and cody was on his lead because he will only walk through it with me. I was halfway across I noticed this man alittle way down the stream. He was with 4 kids who were fishing. He was drinking a can of carling!! His dog, a rottie was off lead sniffing around. I got to the other side and turned to shout meg. She always trots off to see the ducks. Frey was next to me on my right and cody was on my left. Before I could even shout meg, I felt something hit my leg and then I was suddenly on my face with the mans rottie and frey on my back. After about 30 seconds they were both gone. I jumped up to look for frey. The rottie had her by the neck shaking its head around! Is started screaming for this man to get his dog. He completely ignored me. The rottie then threw frey about 6ft away and then ran and picked her up again. I attached cody's lead to a tree and ran towards the dog. I could hear frey screaming and cody whining. Before I got to the dog, meg ran out of no where and ran straight into the rotties side. The rottie left frey and turned to meg. I got there and picked frey up. I again screamed to the man to get his dog and again he ignored me. I put frey down and turned to see meg AND cody fighting with the dog. I didnt know what to do. I just started screaming help. Then 4 park rangers appeared. One of them took frey. I recalled meg and cody who came straight away and the rangers restrained the dog. The bloke comes over, puts the lead on his dog and goes to walk away!! The rangers stopped him and told him he had to stay put as the police were on the way. He replied with, king isnt dangerous. I wouldnt let him off his lead if he was!! I gave the rangers my number and address and told them I couldnt wait because I had to get the dogs to the vets. Cody was bleeding from his mouth, his neck, his ear was in taters and he had 3 claws missing. Meg was bleeding all down her back and underneath. Frey looked like she was bleeding from everywhere. I put meg on her lead. Went to get codys but couldnt put it on because he had snapped his collar! We got to the car in 2 mins and to the vets in 10. Cody has had to have his ear reattached to his head! He had all his wounds cleaned. Meg has lost 3 nipples and has superficial wound down her back. Frey was a complete mess. She is still in the vets. Her left back leg is so badly broke she has to have an op tomorrow. She is going to have to have pins put in. She has lost lots of blood and has had all her wounds cleaned and closed. She has had a total of 67 stiches. Thank god my dogs are insured. I got a quote from the vets and the grand total for everything is £4000! I am now waiting for the police to come round. I am sooo glad I had cody and meg with me. I am so angry! Stupid idiot!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:08 PM
OMG how horrific, I just don't know what to say! How brave were you and your dogs, hugs to you all. I wish all of you a speedy recovery and I hope they are able to punish this guy and do whatever is necessary with his dangerous dog!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:10 PM
OMG that is horriffic. You poor thing and your poor dogs. I hope to God this man gets punished for this but it sounds like the dog will prob be pts and he will walk free unfortunatly.
I really hope your dogs are better soon xxxxxxxxxxx Hugs hun you must be really shakenxxxxxxxxxx
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh my goodness..... I cannot believe this!!

Huge hugs to you and your furry babies. Thank goodness you were able to keep calm enough to give your details and get your dogs to the vet.

I really hope that this guy is prosecuted for having an out-of-control dog.

(((HUGS)))
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I dont even know what to say. How horrendous for your dogs and you. I sincerely hope that this "man" is prosecuted for his lack of actions and that all your dogs make a complete recovery.

huge hugs to you and yours xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:14 PM
OMG, i was in total shock reading your post... i cant imagine how scared you must have been! what an idiot of an owner! i hope he gets charged, i cant believe he didnt stop his dog, and drinking at 11am with 4 kids!

i hope they all recover well and it doesnt have a negative effect on them. keep us updated on all 3 of them, especially poor frey (((hugs)))
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:19 PM
OMG, thats terrible, you must be in shock. Poor dogs,
I hope the man is dealt with swiflty, yet another idiot with a rottie, it makes my blood boil.
Do you know if the park rangers managed to keep the man there untill the police came?
Freysterdewdrop
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I have just got off the phone with the vet and frey has had two blood transfusions. She is not looking good. Cant even lift her head. I dont know if you can tell from her pics but she is really small. When her and cody play cody puts her whole head in his mouth. I dont blame the dog, i blame the idoit that didnt take the appriote measures to stop this happening.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Oh my god, I just read your post out loud to my OH, both she and I are in shock! So glad your other dogs were there to protect you and Frey, I really hope they are all ok. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Freysterdewdrop View Post
I have just got off the phone with the vet and frey has had two blood transfusions. She is not looking good. Cant even lift her head. I dont know if you can tell from her pics but she is really small. When her and cody play cody puts her whole head in his mouth. I dont blame the dog, i blame the idoit that didnt take the appriote measures to stop this happening.
You must be so worried just now, but shes in the best place, it sounds like you acted quickly getting her to the vet as quick as possible, Im keeping everything crossed that she will start to improve soon, the poor wee thing must be in shock.
Im so angry that the man just stood there and let it all happen,
huge hugs
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »