Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Someone wants to buy vinnie

My OH got a phone call yesterday from a chap that used to work with him asking to buy vinnie
Now I guess you would say dougies still pals with Mick,
He offered an outrageous amount of money, but dougie explained, A: hes not for sale, B : shona wouldnt sell you a dog as you want it for the wrong reasons. I understand his fear at the moment, he was attacked in his own home, the chap that did it is due to be let out of custody soon,
this all happend not to long ago, the man was held on 101 day custody, the trial has yet to come for the whole thing,
So while I do feel sorry for Mick, it must be horrid, but pulling one of my dogs into his house is not the answer,

Mick went on to say, " But shona has always said he will never be a show dog so why not sell him?"

the answer to that being, Hes our pet, hes OUR dog,

I think the whole thing caused some tension with OH and his mate, It would seem he really thought he could just lift the phone, offer money and we would hand him one of our dogs

here is what all the fuss is about
not exactly guard dog of the year stuff eh?

Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Can't blame him for wanting that boy, he is gorgeous

I feel for him, it cannot be nice to feel nervous in your own home but that isn't a good enough reason for getting a dog (any dog not your Vinnie). I am sure he will get over his disappointment.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I would be happy for him to have dougie over to stay, security dont come much better than him,

mabey I should put that one to him,
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Well, that last pic of Vinnie has truly scared the pants off me Shona!!!!!! He'd make a fantastic lap, ooooops sorry, guard dog wouldn't he!!!!! He's a real little treasure, no wonder you couldn't part with him. He's got the softest look in those eyes in that last pic, he wouldn't scare me off in a hurry, and as you know, some of these dogs CAN actually scare me, but not this one!

No doubt he knows his job when in the right hands though, and would defend if and when necessary, but I'm sorry, he looks too darn soft to me in those pics
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Can't blame him for wanting that boy, he is gorgeous

I feel for him, it cannot be nice to feel nervous in your own home but that isn't a good enough reason for getting a dog (any dog not your Vinnie). I am sure he will get over his disappointment.
lol you will get to meet him on Friday,,, Da Wincent that is,, he is UBER stupid lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, that last pic of Vinnie has truly scared the pants off me Shona!!!!!! He'd make a fantastic lap, ooooops sorry, guard dog wouldn't he!!!!! He's a real little treasure, no wonder you couldn't part with him. He's got the softest look in those eyes in that last pic, he wouldn't scare me off in a hurry, and as you know, some of these dogs CAN actually scare me, but not this one!

No doubt he knows his job when in the right hands though, and would defend if and when necessary, but I'm sorry, he looks too darn soft to me in those pics
He is very wussy,,,loves people,
He got hammerd by the cat last night
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Mick's not the only one after Vinnie - but the rest of us had the sense to know there would be no chance of you letting him go

Seriously, some people eh - even if you did have a dog to sell, this approach pretty much shows what the guy actually thinks of dogs.

I do feel for him though & pehaps Douggie can help him out in some other way.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Awwwww I can see why someone would love to have Vinnie but can't blame you for telling him NO WAY!!!!!!!!! He is your pet and a cracker of a pet at that .Is Gordon pulling Mick evils
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Mick's not the only one after Vinnie - but the rest of us had the sense to know there would be no chance of you letting him go

Seriously, some people eh - even if you did have a dog to sell, this approach pretty much shows what the guy actually thinks of dogs.

I do feel for him though & pehaps Douggie can help him out in some other way.
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwwww I can see why someone would love to have Vinnie but can't blame you for telling him NO WAY!!!!!!!!! He is your pet and a cracker of a pet at that .Is Gordon pulling Mick evils
Yup Hali, Dougie will prob set up a cctv system for him,
the chap in question would think twice before stepping on dougies toes so with some luck that will be a deterant too,

We didnt tell Gordon lol. Can you imagine your OH's face if we said we had sold vinnie, Dont think Mr Boobah would be too chuffed
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
will be a deterant too,

We didnt tell Gordon lol. Can you imagine your OH's face if we said we had sold vinnie, Dont think Mr Boobah would be too chuffed
Ooh, that sounds like a wind up in the making - why not tell him that you have agreed to sell Vinnie, just to see his face
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >