Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Many people are posting here to enlighten yourself and probably others into the ins and outs of costs of breeding, and all you are doing is calling us all Liars and being very, very rude.

You do NOT know for FACT what it's like to breed ETHICALLY
Please I've not called anyone a lair, just pointed out that showing as a hobby is a matter of opinion. Do clam yourself down

Oh yes the point about breeders not making a profit from breeding yes I am happy to say this is completely untrue as a whole in my opinion - it's quite obvious if you do the sums.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Then you are calling me a liar!
Becky
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:21 PM
There you go again.

She didn't say PROFIT, she said Cover COSTS !!

YOU are the one harping on about PROFIT.

Many people here have experienced breeding and KNOW for a FACT that it costs money.

And now to say that we are being dishonest about it, is way out of line.
Ahem.........

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why do you begrudge people covering costs and maybe having a few quid over when they are breeding dogs in the correct manner? Providing them with good quality food, care and comfort?
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Then you are calling me a liar!
Becky
No we just disagree what should be included in covering costs. I don't believe the cost of caring for the bitches should be included as they are pets and owners would have those costs anyway.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:25 PM
but when you are talking about profit then you need to take all costs into account simple. Ask an accountant!
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Anne uk do you breed or show , as i see malady asked you the question and you have not yet replied xxdk
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Many people are posting here to enlighten yourself and probably others into the ins and outs of costs of breeding, and all you are doing is calling us all Liars and being very, very rude.

You do NOT know for FACT what it's like to breed ETHICALLY
I've not been rude to anyone apart from a few directed at your unpleasant posts, read through your posts and I think you'll find some of them have come across as quite rude and aggressive
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Anne uk do you breed or show , as i see malady asked you the question and you have not yet replied xxdk
No absolutely not

Why do you ask? Just because I neither breed or show does that mean I can't have an opinion on the subject. Even though I do have vast experience in caring for a rescued bitches and their pups, as-well as rehoming pups.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
No absolutely not

Why do you ask? Just because I neither breed or show does that mean I can't have an opinion on the subject. Even though I do have vast experience in caring for a rescued bitches and their pups, as-well as rehoming pups.
No reason really just curious , xxdk
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Nothing at all like that

Instead of paying for a pup you choose to breed one for yourself and pay for the stud fees, the surplus pups are then sold on and a profit is made.
Somebody has to breed the dogs, why shouldnt responsible breders that breed to the standard, show and work their dogs in conformation and working circles breed them? Its ok coming on here second guessing those doing it right, you should be in touch with the ones who's pups and adults you are rehoming that are clearly doing wrong and for the wrong reasons!

I am NOT a breeder Anne, but you do seem to be picking on people here and calling them liars as to what money they are making from imaginary puppies they breed on a rare occasion.
dawn.
Page 16 of 42 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »