View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the lovely comments Moli and Ozzysmom.
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2006, 11:36 AM
What a wonderful story! Ossie is such a cutie-pie, I love that pic where he is looking up to the camera coyly! Beautiful dog.
He is very lucky he was rescued by such a caring nice big fat bloke!

I'm at my Mum's this weekend, and just showed her this thread and it made her all teary! Then we read your sig and it was so touching it got us both all teary!!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Aww thanks for the kind words Katie.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

09-04-2006, 05:40 PM
What a great success story! Well done to Steve and family - I'm sure Ossie has forgotten all the not so nice things that past and is now living life to the max!
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2006, 07:14 PM
you know Steve, if I could fit my arms around you, ossie, your missus and the three great kids, I'd give you all a great big hug. You have well and truely earned your place in heaven mate, if there is one. not that you would care, or Ossie, cause as far as he's concerned, he's there already.

Good on you fella, much respect for stepping in and giving him a forever home, my Ein was 18 months when we got her, aproxxish...another rehomed as couldn't look after her give her time, let her live inside etc..she'll be a granny greyhair when she leaves us, and not a day I want to think about.

Really great story too, and the inkwork's not too shabby either...(mines cooler though..LOL...)
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Lol, thanks Honesty and thanks Azz. I think that bringing Ossie into our family was a very rewarding thing to do.This is the first rescue dog that we have taken on and i know we have been lucky.Ossie has taken to us big time and us him.Like i have said in other threads i have had two Rotties and a Rottie/GSD X all from puppies whom we loved dearly .We would probably have gotten another Rottie eventually,but after hearing of Ossie's plight from a family member and having a long standing soft spot for Staffies.It was find out as much as we could about the breed and go from there.We fell in love instantly and the rest as they say is history.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
What a lucky boy was Ossie to find such a loving home with you and your family Steve Blessings on you all - he will repay your kindness a hundredfold with his own special love and loyalty.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Lovely story Steve, and well done for giving Ossie his forever home
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Lovely story Steve I'm sure Ossie will repay your kindness with many years of happiness and joy. Well done
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Thank you for all the lovely replies on here and for all the advice that you are giving Steve so as to make my life more comfortable.I promised you an update on my progress,so if i may,i'll tell you whats happened so far.......

I have been with my new family for nearly eight weeks now and things are going great.Firstly let me start by saying that lying around on my new bed is far far more comfortable than that draughty old balcony.I am always warm and feel quite safe in my new home.Steve has also decided to change my diet,the stench from my rear end was frankly embarrassing,and i was charging around like an absolute lunatic.The people on Dogweb advised Steve to gradually wean me off the Bakers complete and put me onto something more healthy,i tried various foods but in the end decided on JWB Lamb and Rice.Now my rear end has calmed down a fair bit and although i still charge about in typical Staffie manner,im not quite as lethal as i was while eating Bakers.Also i have put on a fair bit of weight since moving and the vet seems quite pleased with my progress.

A bit graphic this one,but hey im a dog and i just don't care!!!

As for other changes well where do i begin? Steve is pretty good as he gets up at 5am and walks me before he goes out to work,we generally do a good pavement walk in the morning to help with my nails.Jude my new mum lets me out at various intervals during the day as well as taking me to drop the girls off at school.(Pssst please don't tell Steve she does that otherwise he may not take me out when he gets home from work.) Then when Steve gets home,I have my really long walk.My favourite walk is in Stamner woods it goes on for miles with about ten different lengths of walks in it.Although i have to stay onlead while walking in the woods,Steve has found a nice big field where he can let me off to run about as much as i please.So as not to dissapoint him,i run about like an absolute lunatic for about half an hour,then i get him to throw sticks for me to chase.Very often Steve is accompanied by one sometimes two or if im really lucky three of the children,they are the best walks as them kids seem to love me as much as i love them.We really do have great fun together,Also with the three kids and me there,it is much easier to wind Steve up.

Freedom in my new field

Well to say i have turned into a well loved happy dog is an understatement really.When the family come down in the morning they always seem as happy to see me as i am them.If they go out and have to leave me on my own,its the same,so all in all things are going great.All the unfamiliar things are all familar now,I don't howl at night anymore,because i have got used to the noises.I just listen out for Steve's snoring and that comforts me to know he is still around at night.It appears i have my own spot in the garden where i can,well you know.In the house its great too,im allowed to sit on the kids beds or join in with whatever games they are playing at the time.Or if i want quiet time i go into Daniels room,because as Steve puts it "he's a bone idle teenager"and i watch a dvd with him all snuggled up on his bed.

Daniel is Steve's eldest,we have great fun together.

I do have one gripe though,Steve used to buy me toys and as soon as he brought them home,I would rip them into tiny pieces,it was a great game,but sadly he has cottened onto that and i have to make do with some really tough toys now.
But all in all this new family arn't doing at all bad,considering im their first rescue dog as well as being their first Staffie.Life is pretty good now.
Thank you all for reading and i will keep you all updated on my progress.
Ossie, xxx.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >