View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 06:07 PM
I like the programme - though i do get jealous - and i've always had a house like the ones they sell! lol - the house in wales my parents sold 5 years ago to buy the house in ireland went for £120, 000 and it was a massive farm on 15 acres. we bought house in ireland for same price. (we already had another house in ireland too an apartment bought for £50, 000) and the apartment is now worth a cool £150, 000. then my parents came over to visit a few weeks ago, and found out that our old farm had been sold for a shocking £380, 000 to one of these 'escape to the country' sort of people! I was gutted - then they told me that it's all relative as their second house in the middle of the irish countryside (the one they live in) is worth about £450,000!!!!

so they are selling the apartment to buy me a house this year so - are ya jealous?! :P lol although they only give me a £100,000 budget. still - i feel LUCKY!

sorry... i'll shut up - basically - i like the programmes - but the people annoy me! :P After all - we only got where we were by pure luck - and my gran dying and leaving a load of property My parents started on an income of £15,000 pa when i was born (1984) and have built themselves up slowly. But if it came to it - expensive house, or my granny back - i'd have my gran every time

xx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I would love to live in Derbyshire with there beautiful picture post card homes and the village life would suit me very well
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 06:39 PM
it would be Devon or Cornwall for me
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Ireland - no contest - just outside Clonakilty - a little village called rathbarry - but a bit outside it... nothing can beat that. Over looking the forest and the castle... lake walks and mountainsides and forest walks... all the flora and fauna - foxes, badgers,. rabbits and hares everywhere... people who are so nice it's actually quite unnerving! the music scene in the local towns and villages - the fact that everyone there is so accomodating. and being able to go for walks to the beach and go swimming in the sea in december because it's warm - it';s on the gulf stream! all the history, culture and beauty... I LOVE where I live! I miss Ireland so much when I'm in Uni - I HATE swansea..

xx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Anywhere would do for me as long as it was a beautiful cottage

Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 08:38 PM
That looks wonderful,i would love to live in a place like that!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Yep, I watch them Inca...one day
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 11:32 PM
keep playing the lotto hun .........
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Absolutely, that's the only way it'll happen!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I really enjoy the show too Love to see the kinds of house styles out there and what you potentially could get if one really was fortunate enough in the employment stakes - or lotto as its been said

Our dream is to be able to buy a detached house with a barnyard that could be converted into an agency, so got my fingerscrossed, dreams do turn to reality with a bit of persistence and lots of elbow grease, and even if it doesn't it the hard work is always beneficial

Snorri you are fortunate, it's such a pretty house in an amazing location
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >