View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 02:00 AM
err CL tbh I'm not really sure how secret santa works just thought it might be nice to have a few dw rescue center presents

Maybe the best thing to do would be if a person is interested in donating, they should PM whoever they want to donate to and then they can take it from there?

Not really sure if that would work, can anyone come up with a better idea?

(ppppsst Dani I like your idea but I wanna donate to a dogwebber!)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2005, 10:44 AM
We already do that around here Tuti there are bins outside some of the shops for Cats Protection League the local dog rescue . People buy stuff in the shops like food and dog meal and place it in the tubs it works really well .

**** You could suggest your local pet shop does the same thing and then arrange for a local rescue to collect it ****
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Have decided that my crimbo pressie to the doglets is to volunteer as a dog walker for my local dogstrust centre. Just filling in the forms now.

dani
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog
Have decided that my crimbo pressie to the doglets is to volunteer as a dog walker for my local dogstrust centre. Just filling in the forms now.

dani
Well done Dani, I know they are always in need of volunteers
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 12:33 PM
mmnn not sure my little bundle of joy will approve though - he will get jealous when I come back smelling of other doglets !!!
although am sure if i get a couple of biccies into him he wont notice !!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 12:37 PM
hey that's a really good idea Dani

Well the other ideas are nice, I just thought it would be nice to make donations to DW rescuers

guess it's best to take it to PM if anyone else wants to do it?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Well done Dani - having just recently started doing this myself I can tell you how enjoyable and rewarding it is and I can think of no better present to give but your time and love.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
Well done Dani - having just recently started doing this myself I can tell you how enjoyable and rewarding it is and I can think of no better present to give but your time and love.

thanks - first day is saturday
the only thing which is slightly annoying is that you cant do it on a monday, tuesday, thursday as they are either shut or have the vets in - so basically its wednesday or friday or the weekend ( when I imagine most people do it)

so I can only do it on a friday but at perhaps i can do a few one after each other and make it worthwhile... I had thought about going 3 times a week but it doesnt seem to be viable..

is your centre as restrictive ??
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
thanks - first day is saturday
the only thing which is slightly annoying is that you cant do it on a monday, tuesday, thursday as they are either shut or have the vets in - so basically its wednesday or friday or the weekend ( when I imagine most people do it)

so I can only do it on a friday but at perhaps i can do a few one after each other and make it worthwhile... I had thought about going 3 times a week but it doesnt seem to be viable..

is your centre as restrictive ??
Sorry for butting in here, but I can probably answer you a little bit better since Ozzysmum has recently joined us...... at ACC, people are welcome anytime so long as a kennel manager is present (11am-2pm and 4pm-8pm all days) We have a max of 18 dogs at any one time, so we don't have the restrictions that other places may have.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Ohh what a shame it is such a restrictive time gap for you to go, you'd have thought they'd grab your hand off to help!

Amanda is definately the one to ask questions all about Animal Concern rather than me - I only go once a week to help out, she does tons more and I've only just started going! Really enjoying it though.

Is there not another shelter you can give help too that may fit in better with your schedule perhaps?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >