register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What chips do you have?
Don't eat chips 2 5.56%
Eat oven chips 11 30.56%
Eat home made chips 12 33.33%
Eat frozen chips 2 5.56%
Eat chips from the chippy 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I couldn't vote as more than one applies to me.
I don't often eat chips but if I cook them at home I use frozen oven chips, but occasionally I will treat myself to some scrummy chip shop chips.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
So what sort of chips do you eat?
Hi Jenny - I am the one who ticked frozen chips because where we are almost everything goes in the freezer, we are so far from civilisation that we only do food shopping at most once a week, often once a fortnight.

They are usually the oven type chips 'tho.

Let us know how you get on with the chip pan, we never use the deep fat fryer these days either.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Our local chippy chips make you wona they reallly do make you feel ill, as so greasy and they don't change the oil often so smell real bad so we never go there any more, we have to drive miles to get good ones so don't get them that often, but we also have home made and oven every now and then and also home made crisps which are soo yummy.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Our local chippy chips make you wona they reallly do make you feel ill, as so greasy and they don't change the oil often so smell real bad so we never go there any more, we have to drive miles to get good ones so don't get them that often, but we also have home made and oven every now and then and also home made crisps which are soo yummy.
How do you make your homemade crisps if you don't mind me asking? I've always fancied having a go but never been able to get my head round it!

Also just noticed you're in Devon - whereabouts??
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 09:20 PM
I love homemade chips I have a chip pan too...can't be doing with deep fat fryers. Don't do frozen or oven chips....potatoes peeled then cut cooked eaten.
Also eat chip shop chips not often though I/we kinda go through a phase of fish and chips then....nope stop.
But always, always have chips when at the seaside....nothing nicer.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
How do you make your homemade crisps if you don't mind me asking? I've always fancied having a go but never been able to get my head round it!

Also just noticed you're in Devon - whereabouts??
Well I don't actualy make them but something like cut the spud(s) really thin or use a pealer or something dry them with a tea towel / kitchen paper then (we don't have a deep fat fryer but have a very similar thing meant for pasta, basicaly a tall sided pan with basket thing) so they are dipped in hot oil for a minute (like chips) then taken out for a mo then put back in until golden/crispy looking then we just put the on some kitchen roll and add a bit of salt use same method as chips just doesn't take so long (apart from the chopping).
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Well I don't actualy make them but something like cut the spud(s) really thin or use a pealer or something dry them with a tea towel / kitchen paper then (we don't have a deep fat fryer but have a very similar thing meant for pasta, basicaly a tall sided pan with basket thing) so they are dipped in hot oil for a minute (like chips) then taken out for a mo then put back in until golden/crispy looking then we just put the on some kitchen roll and add a bit of salt use same method as chips just doesn't take so long (apart from the chopping).
Mmmm that sounds good! We've got this cutter thingy that can thin slice stuff like cheese so i guess it can do spuds too!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Homemade here..................nothing like them
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I am such a bad girl, I love homemade chips but cooked in lard, I hate them done in oil yuk. We have them about 3 times a week, so not too bad. I also love chippy chips with lashings of salt and vinegar, but only if I can eat them out of the paper.
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Ooooh Chippy Chips every time! I hate cooking them myself, I cant stand the greasy smell that lingers in the house til the next day.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >