Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 11:12 AM

Still on the property search!

You may have noticed I've been very quiet this week, and that's because I'm still searching for our next property.

The one I viewed the other day is not suitable because the road is too near, even though it's well secluded and overlooks farmland, the fencing left a lot to be desired, some of it being just barbed wire, and I could see Zena going through that in no time, and I can cope with moving and doing a property up to get it how we want, I couldn't cope with having to sort out fencing at the same time, so my main priority, wherever we go, is that the garden is secure and safe for the dogs, so I can get in and unpack without any worries!

Now, I've found these two and although semi's, they fit all the criteria, one has a lake in the garden for my little waterbaby and Georgie will enjoy a paddle in that, so tomorrow we're off to see these two! One has a nice paddock, so you never know....... NO, I don't want another horse thankyou, I've done my bit for the horseworld!

http://www.monkhouse.co.uk/property_665082.html

and then there's this one, which is very posh coz it's actually in the grounds of the Sussex Stud, approached through great big metal gates, so I'd have to watch my p's and q's if we moved here, but again, it fits the bill a treat and very secluded apart from the stud itself of course!

http://www.monkhouse.co.uk/property_665070.html

I really fell in love with one which had a whole acres garden deep in woodland, surrounded by trees, but I was pipped at the post by somebody who put an offer in, and it would have meant Dave having a 1 1/2 hour's drive to work each way, so not really practical, but he said he wouldn't have minded for the right property, so now I'm searching nearer, only about 45 mins travelling, better for Dave.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Good luck, hope you find the right place soon
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry it wasnt the right one, but you will know it as soon as you see it, I think we made our mind up about this house within 20 secs of being inside it just felt right. As for the fencing a very costly project we needed to renew about 60ft across the bottom as it was post and rails onto a stable yard ,we did on purpose make it 6ft........and the cost was over £800 its amazing where the money goes when you are house moving.
Anyway, Good Luck and I'm sure the right house will come along soon

Jeanette
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks aliwin, it won't be for the lack of trying, it's doing my head in now!!!

Thanks Jeanette, and I've just found another one in a small village, on the outskirts again, overlooking farmland, ticks all the boxes too, so I'm trying to get a viewing there tomorrow as it's only just come on the market, you've gotta be quick I've learned, coz houses are being snapped up very quickly atm. I put that down to these moneybags peops who have nothing else to invest their money in in this current climate, so they're snapping up all these country properties, that I WANT!!!! I'll get there somehow, we'll find something, and yes, you're right there, you just know don't you as soon as you walk in the door, and you also know when to turn round and walk back out again with something you don't like!!! All good fun, except by 10pm at night I've had enough!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Keep looking H it can take a while but you will find the right place eventually. BTW you've scarred the living daylights out of me with those prices!!! (I'll never be able to move back to Sussex that's for sure)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I know H, it's ridiculous isn't it, when you think these are SEMI's too at that price!!! If you stuck either of these properties up North it'd be a whole different matter wouldn't it, but I daren't look up there yet coz of Dave and his business, unless we lived separate lives which I wouldn't want to do, although he said he would be prepared to live in his workshop in a dormobile during the week!!!!

I've just spent half an hour on the phone with a local agent and he said, the reason these properties are being sold hot off the press, is just as I said, the big London bods with all that money and nothing to do with it, well, says it all really doesn't it! They don't want houses in the town though, they're sticking with the countryside, just the ones I want! Been a bit late off the mark here H I think!

The first one's out now, coz the two allocated parking spots would be outside our boundary fencing and Dave wouldn't want that, even though it has a garage for one car, he would want all 3 on our premises like we have now. Then the 2nd one's out too, coz the agent said I am paying for that paddock which I don't want and it could be a liability (no horse ya see!!!), and the 3rd bedroom WAS the garage and we would be reducing it's value putting it back to a garage and, therefore, we're paying over the odds for something that doesn't really suit us! He's managed to put me off both of those now, so the search goes on!

Dave said he's going to carry on looking at cars tonight on the puter instead of houses, and we might as well stay as we are and buy some earplugs and he could have a point there, coz I'm finding it very hard to find somewhere as good as this for the money I'm asking, be it a country view, I've already got that over the road when I look beyond the roof of that pub or to the sides of it!!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 04:28 PM
just think what you colud get here up norf!

3 bed semis here are anything from 100,000 - 145,000ish

when we moved ours (detatched - double garage massive garden was 225,000.) one of the most expensive roads at the time

n thats cheshire....

move to scotland...

p.s lovely houses - stick some agility equipment in the paddock or buuy another horse
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I had noticed that you were very quiet H. Sorry you haven't found what you're looking for, it may be an omen!! Stay where you are for a bit then come up here, Yorkshire, soooo beautiful and we've got Harvey Nicks and the fab Victoria Quarter in Leeds.!! Use your time down there to learn the language and you'll fit in grand lol.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Good luck Helena in your search.

We will not be moving quite as quick as we had planned next year. We plan to have the house all done up and ready to sell as planned but Gorden is now thinking he would sooner just move the once now and that means Derbyshire or North Yorkshire. If a job comes up which he is going to start looking for up that way we could be gone within a year if not we will sit tight.

We are not unhappy here but like you at your end it is getting noisy but there are lots of Children and of course there always will be we are on the edge of an estate and these are family houses. I just want my large garden parking which we use to have before moving here and some peace and quiet. Ooooh I am becoming a grumpy old woman.

At least the house is being one up asap now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
then come up here, Yorkshire, soooo beautiful and we've got Harvey Nicks and the fab Victoria Quarter in Leeds.!! Use your time down there to learn the language and you'll fit in grand lol.
eh up lass I speak Yorkshire and I've got the flat cap to prove it, I'll likely 'av to start looking round there now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >