Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2009, 02:19 PM

Agility clubs

Does anyone belong to more than one club.

I love the agility club I go to and my 4 dogs get on really well but I want to do some one to one training, unfortunately my club cant offer this but I can get it from another club. Is it ok to belong to more than 1 club or will it get complicated.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I use to go to more than one agility club, and know many people that belong to a couple. I think it is good to get a little knowledge from other points of view
Gracey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Springador Im newbie here so saying hi at the same time... me and my pooch Kiah do agility and we go to a couple of different clubs. I think it is good as I-mac said to get different opinions but I think the important thing is to get people with similar ideas about training. I mean you dont want to go to one club (for example) that uses positive reinforcement, and another (not that i know any, just an example) that uses negative type methods. Then again most clubs are really friendly and accommodating anyway

Hope that makes sense and helps a bit!

Grace and Kiah xx
Bonwillan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I belong to one club but I also go for 1 on 1 training as well. Sometimes the training methods contradict one another. You know your dog and know how it works but sometimes other peoples methods don't suit you or your dog.

I tend to take the bits that work and then work on them when I can, so far its paid off as I have just won my first grade six agility class by using a blend of methods from both trainers.