Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:52 PM

"Cockadoodles" and "Pyrakitas"

A couple of weeks ago I was looking through a newspaper and came across an advert for a litter of "Cockadoodles" for sale.

Here was me thinking this "breed" were called "Cockerpoos"!

"Cockadoodles" - how ridiculous.

Also, at a Companion Show today I met a "Pyrakita" puppy - Yep, you've guessed it....A Pyranean Mountain Dog cross Japanese Akita. I felt I had to bite my tongue on this one.

This "designer" dog breeding frenzy is getting worse.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Cockerpoos/Cockerdoodles, either way, it doesn't really matter, as neither are breeds, they could call them Cockadoodledoos
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Sorry but does'nt matter what fancy name you give them they are still crossbreeds and no amount of money will change my mind anyway isn't there enought crossbreeds in rescue
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Border1 View Post
Sorry but does'nt matter what fancy name you give them they are still crossbreeds and no amount of money will change my mind anyway isn't there enought crossbreeds in rescue
Well said , I agree totally why dont they stick a designer label name on all the cross breeds in rescue, Then maybe the uneducated peopel who pay silly amounts of money for these designer pooches, Can not only save a fotune but they will be donating money to a rescue centre and given a rescue dog a new loven home instead of lining the pockets of designer dog breeders who imo are no better than byb or puppy farmers churning out ill bred cross breeds with ridicu;ous names to foolish people with more money than sense , Sorry rant over xxdk
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Cockerpoos/Cockerdoodles, either way, it doesn't really matter, as neither are breeds, they could call them Cockadoodledoos
Cockadoodledoos Good one, Malady!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Border1 View Post
Anne, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

There are more than enough brilliant crossbreeds in rescue centres all over the UK needing permanent, loving homes. The folk who buy these "designer" dogs are fools, IMO.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Maybe just aloadofpoo!
Becky
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Well said , I agree totally why dont they stick a designer label name on all the cross breeds in rescue, Then maybe the uneducated peopel who pay silly amounts of money for these designer pooches, Can not only save a fotune but they will be donating money to a rescue centre and given a rescue dog a new loven home instead of lining the pockets of designer dog breeders who imo are no better than byb or puppy farmers churning out ill bred cross breeds with ridicu;ous names to foolish people with more money than sense , Sorry rant over xxdk
I agree, Jackie.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Maybe just aloadofpoo!
Becky
Definitely.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:45 PM
blimey never heard of that second one being a designer breed wat did it look like?????????
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »