its got so much worse last few days since being on medication

its like 5am, why cant i sleep :s

grryness

wonder when someone will wake up and post.lol
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 08:18 AM
I sympathise, I have it from time to time, the more you try to sleep the worse it is! Whether it is an effect of medication or another reason, I would fight back and play it at its own game!
If I can't sleep, I get up, make a cup of tea, see if there's anything on TV or potter about doing odd things like the ironing (very odd in the middle of the night!) or even clean the oven. If and when I get tired, I go to bed again! The next day I make sure to get up at the normal time and keep going all day so I should be tired the next night and have no problems. The worst thing is to "catch up" during the day, the insomnia will have won then, and have another go the next night!

So - have an active day today and don't snooze until your normal time tonight!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Hello, I know what it is like, I too sometimes get it, last night I had a strange night, I can't remember going to sleep, had a great dream, I went back in time to about 20 years ago, then woke with a start, looked at the clock 1.10 am, ever since then I have tossed and turned, trying to get to sleep. Then this morning I got up as usual, looked at my limb and said "Have I to wear that thing again? to which I answered my self, "yes", Blackie thought I'd gone around the bend ( he often does. Gets up comes down stairs, goes to make a cuppa, kettle blew, (I have a replacement. Went to open the back door got key stuck in keyhole, goes to empty bin, bag burst, come to switch on computer, tripped (just a drag really) so I feel like going back to bed, but what's the point.

Ian, tired, sick and fed up already!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hello, I know what it is like, I too sometimes get it, last night I had a strange night, I can't remember going to sleep, had a great dream, I went back in time to about 20 years ago, then woke with a start, looked at the clock 1.10 am, ever since then I have tossed and turned, trying to get to sleep. Then this morning I got up as usual, looked at my limb and said "Have I to wear that thing again? to which I answered my self, "yes", Blackie thought I'd gone around the bend ( he often does. Gets up comes down stairs, goes to make a cuppa, kettle blew, (I have a replacement. Went to open the back door got key stuck in keyhole, goes to empty bin, bag burst, come to switch on computer, tripped (just a drag really) so I feel like going back to bed, but what's the point.

Ian, tired, sick and fed up already!!!

Awww Ian sorry you're having a bad day - hope it gets better as the day wears on. I have those sort of days sometimes where everything that can go wrong, will go wrong You should be immensely proud of yourself because you are doing really fantastic
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2006, 10:00 AM
I rarely suffer from insomnia these days, i'm always too knackered, I sometimes have to have a nap in the afternoon. I think it's old age and poverty kicking in.
I haven't been drinking coffee or tea for the past 2 weeks as I'm on a health kick and when I stopped I had a terrible withdrawal headache for 3 days. Since then I've felt great, less need for napping and not having to go to the loo every 30 miuntes like I was when I was drinking 10+ mugs of coffee per day.
Last night however I had a couple of mugs of coffee to be sociable with a friend and I was awake tossing and turning all night, it was so frustrating.

I remember having insomnia more as a child, especially in the summertime, I'd be awake on and off all night and really miserable.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Awww Ian sorry you're having a bad day - hope it gets better as the day wears on. I have those sort of days sometimes where everything that can go wrong, will go wrong You should be immensely proud of yourself because you are doing really fantastic
Hello,

I hope the day gets better, I haven't had it too bad though since I came home, I will have been home 6 weeks tomorrow. God it has gone quick! The main thing is I'm improving!!!

Ian
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
often up in the night and i have now found the perfect place to go back to sleep. on the sofa with nightime tv on. its so boring that i drift off again. o/h knows where i am and often doesnt find me there until its time to get up.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum
often up in the night and i have now found the perfect place to go back to sleep. on the sofa with nightime tv on. its so boring that i drift off again. o/h knows where i am and often doesnt find me there until its time to get up.

i realy cant sleep unless i have tv on or something to distract me, then it still aint easy.

and i dont sleep in day normally and it still dont help.lol

sometimes i do coz i cant help it though :s

ans sorry ian but pmsl.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-05-2006, 01:31 AM
lalaalalaalala

here wew go again.lol

anyone else alive ?
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I know how you feel I have tried everything myself so I'm no use to give advice on the matter if any I need advice myself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >