Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:30 PM

OH gave up smoking

My OH gave up smoking on Monday his 50th Birthday :smt026 :smt026 , his choice, although my daughter and I have wanted him to do so for years now, but it had to be his decision................anyway what should I expect, apart from short temper which I have noticed already
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Well Done best thing you could have done
parker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:34 PM
He'll start to eat more - and he'll use less pepper as he gets his taste buds back.

Please wish him a belated Happy Birthday and wish him all the best now that he's abandoned the 'Yellow Ceiling Brigade' x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Just the ratty mood swings really Sweep and a slight increase in appetite. A little tip for him - when he gets a craving, drink a large glass of water. Also, has he tried the patches? You can get them on prescription from the doc and they are the best thing ever. Good luck to him and very well done
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:55 PM
That's brilliant!

I gave up September '04, Kev that New Years Eve - he was convinced for the first few days that I was in the wrong all the time, and was having a go at him for fun etc etc. Once the first week was out of the way he realised it was him, had thought he would have no reaction at all!

I regained a sense of smell I didn't realise I had lost, and Kev's taste buds changed. We both put on a bit of weight but that's a small price to pay!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Short temper is the main thing Sweep!

I can personally recomend sugary sweets like 'Refreshers' as i found they alleviate the craving,but not too many obviously!

Patches are a definette YES! I could not have given up without them!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Steve
Short temper is the main thing Sweep!

I can personally recomend sugary sweets like 'Refreshers' as i found they alleviate the craving,but not too many obviously!

Patches are a definette YES! I could not have given up without them!
Short temper has been noticable!!!
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Well done to OH. Mine gave up 3 months ago. Short temper , Well that didnt help as I started, I was allergic to the patches and had no wil power,
My OH eats more, cannot yet tolerate being in smokers company, He did it without the patches, Well I dont smoke in front of him I go outside, Well I think thats great.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 09:33 AM
I think he will find it harder when he returns to work in a smoking enviroment.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I work with a lot of smokers Sweep and it is difficult with it being all around you,but not impossible-it just depends on individual will power.

When people lit up around me,i would just move away so i wasnt tempted by the smell.Now i cant stand the smell of ciggie smoke!

I was adament though that my weight would not increase like it does with some people when giving up and changed my diet to a more healthy option.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >