Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:11 PM

Big favour to ask....

As some know, my Charlie is going to have a very major spinal operation on Monday and spent all day at hospital today and will be going back on Sunday.

Now they are very teen savvy there and very welcoming but I'm hoping to make Charlie's bedside area as welcoming and positive as possible.

They asked what his interests were and apart from his computer games and anime it was his dogs (who he won't be able to see for over a fortnight)!

Lots of the kids there have cards, but as we don't have a big family (hardly any at all) he won't have many.

So, if any of you could send a doggy card to cheer him up it would be very greatly appreciated. I'm taking pics of him and the dogs to pin up but more doggies would be great, so if you have pics of your dogs to go up too that would be brill.

I know it's cheeky, but I know he really would make him smile.

He is Charlie Bewley, and the address is..

Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital,
Adolescent Unit,
Brockley Hill,
Stanmore,
Middlesex
HA7 4LP

Big thanks.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Will do hun , It will be a pleasure is theyre any particular breed he likes xxdk
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Becky i have something for him all ready to send i'll try and do it in the morning, as i tried to send our black great dane herman (Vicky refused to take him in a xmas card exchange ) and the post office said he wouldnt fit in their sack so i have to try parcel force...

I hope thats ok and i'm sure he will knock charlie out of bed and take it for himself if thats ok with him...
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Will do hun , It will be a pleasure is theyre any particular breed he likes xxdk
Any dk, just to know people are thinking of him and to have lots of cards to put up will be so good for him.

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
Becky i have something for him all ready to send i'll try and do it in the morning, as i tried to send our black great dane herman (Vicky refused to take him in a xmas card exchange ) and the post office said he wouldnt fit in their sack so i have to try parcel force...

I hope thats ok and i'm sure he will knock charlie out of bed and take it for himself if thats ok with him...
Thanks Sarah, you've been so kind, thank you.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:34 PM
consider it done. I have just the card. Have you got the headphones yet?
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:35 PM
will do Becky hope all goes well.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
consider it done. I have just the card. Have you got the headphones yet?
Not yet, a kind dogsey member is sending some for us to try

Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
will do Becky hope all goes well.
Thank you, I want to show the hospital the healing power of dogsey power!
It really is very much appreciated.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Awww, its a done deal.
Best wishes.
x
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Becky will try and sort something out tomorrow. Ended up going to QEQM for my surgery today! Feeling groggy and sore and extremely weak and look like a dememted hamster but the swelling is starting to go down already (must be the healing power of chocolate ice cream!) I'll try and sort something even if it is just a little note and some photos of my gaggle of crazy animals! I'll be thinking about you both & sending lots of love and healing thoughts xxxxxxxxxxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
Awww, its a done deal.
Best wishes.
x
Thank you x

Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Becky will try and sort something out tomorrow. Ended up going to QEQM for my surgery today! Feeling groggy and sore and extremely weak and look like a dememted hamster but the swelling is starting to go down already (must be the healing power of chocolate ice cream!) I'll try and sort something even if it is just a little note and some photos of my gaggle of crazy animals! I'll be thinking about you both & sending lots of love and healing thoughts xxxxxxxxxxx
Poor old you, glad your swelling is going down. Well as I am medically trained lol, I can tell you that yes, chocolate ice cream is very very healing and I prescribe lots of it! (Esp Haagen Daaz Belgian Choc yum!).
Baileys and ice is also very good for swollen gums!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »