Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:04 PM

Dilema

I have booked a photographer to take a family picture myself husband daughter and 3 danes, 2 are show dogs and cannot sit they never learned how,not that they arent obedient its something i never instilled. nor needed the command......The photographer isnt a dog person so is unlikely to put my danes at their best advantage can you think of a set up??
(one may lie down the other a pup will not) so thats 2 down one up.

I would have liked all the danes to be lying down but 3 huge dogs is going to be a problem nor did i want the people to be stood up!!

arghhhh i think this is one of my worst ideas to date and an impossile task to accomplish!!

Any ideas??
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:47 PM
urm hard one ... i had some pics taken last year of the girls by a pet photograher who was great ....got some fab pictures
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:48 PM
how about having 2 lay on one side and the other standing on the opposite??
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:55 PM
How about just piling all of you into a huddle and playing etc, then get him to just click away and see what he gets?
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
How about just piling all of you into a huddle and playing etc, then get him to just click away and see what he gets?
Some photgraphers dont like to work that way and are not set up for that kind of work. Good idea though but i suggest you give him a call and enquire about doing it first
whoami
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Sarah, when are you having the pics done? Have you spoken to the photographer about how you would like it to be? If they cannot accomodate your ideas then perhaps you should ask elsewhere?
Have you got the time to teach them a sit? Would they not look good in the pic if they were standing?
I have seen your dogs on Dane sites and they are stunning so just look to show their best side

Karen ( aka Crazydiamond)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 07:08 AM
I wouldn't worry about it hon, the photographer will know what to do, and whatever light they're shown in, your gorgeous Danes will look fantastic. Can't wait to see the result
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Cheers guys i was thinking well hes not like a photographer at the shows so maybe wont know one good end of a dog from another if u know what i mean....

Its me and my stupid bargains hes offering for pictures to be put on xmas cards thats what caught my eye in his window 80p per card lol

I'll let you know the result nextweek, i dont think we can afford a too many poses at risk of 3 bored dogs wrecking the place..

Hi karen
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 08:25 PM
What a great idea. I'll bet the results are fab. Can't wait to see xx