View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 08:19 PM
banned from being sold imo,except organised displays.. ...my kids love firewrk displays and i love taking them to an orgaised one but selling to joe public is just asking for trouble
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Well where I live they are going off now and have been going off for a few weeks, its mostly the kids around here who set them off because they have nothing better to do, little sh1ts .

I say target them first and also target the shops who sell kids the fireworks. I mean I wonder just what their parents would think if they knew what they were doing, some probably would not care but the majority I think would. The police really need to crack down on this. Now last night I was walking past a neighbours garden and I heard some giggles and an almighty bang Cassy got very worried and just lay down (she is very noise sensitive). They ran off and I gave chase but I am glad they were too fast as I would probably have done something I regret had I actually caught one lol!

Last year a boy down the road from me blew his hand off setting off fireworks and putting them in peoples letterboxes. His parents were mad when they found out but not at their tearaway kid (who incidentally has a habbit of starting fires in the field next to my house!) but the shopkeeper who sold them. Fair point but the kid at 16 is old enough to know better too. It makes me mad their kids running riot and they blame everybody else (I guess that could be a different topic alltogether - back to the point Laura). Kip doesnt mind but Cassy really gets very very frustrated and anxious when they are on.

I say sales should only be allowed the week before fireworks night and shops should have limited stock, if anybody has a big display they should need a liscence and have to order them in special. If people are going to use them in a safe and legal manner there really should be no fuss about tighter restrictions imo.

Laura
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I would get banned if I really gave my opinion on fireworks Organised displays only I say and then only if they are far away from any animals.
traybabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2004, 07:20 AM
For at least an hour on Sat night and last night we have had fireworks going off. Not just here and there but continually - I say they should only be used under licence on one night only - 5 Nov. Kassie was whining like mad!

Tracy x
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2004, 11:00 AM
my boy isn't scared and will still go for his usual walks regardless but i think it should be orgainsed only so people have set times to hear them.if you want to see them go to an organised one and you know as an owner where to avoid if you can. i have kids and would take them if needed it annoys me when you have to put up with them for weeks and all times of the day and night.they get on my nerves never mind the poor dogs that are scared it is horrible to see my mums boxer in a state because of fireworks.
Yvonne
Dogsey Junior

04-10-2004, 11:22 AM
Holly is not phased at all by the noise of fireworks........both she and the cat last year sat out in the garden looking skywards.

But I do agree that fireworks should only be sold for large displays. Last year fireworks seemed to go off from mid October through to nearly the end of November.
benjis mam
Dogsey Junior

13-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Ban them I say, Benj goes berzerk, he runs and barks constantly even with telly music taps etc etc full blast, we have hired a cottage for the week this year so knowing our luck rural northumberland will be staging an extravagaza. Wish we could get him ear plugs.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Not heard many yet
Yvonne
Dogsey Junior

13-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I haven't seen any on sale yet in shops round here! Maybe they are getting the message and won't sell them till nearer the Guy Fawkes.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2004, 10:04 PM
No I've not seen any for sale either now you mention it
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >