View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Unexpected trip to the vets this morning.

El hadn't touched his bandage at all till this morning. 30 seconds flat he'd ripped it all off to below the stitches. So the "Cone of Shame" was put on him and off to the vet for a fresh bandage. Thankfully no damage to his stitches.

He looks pretty depressed wearing the cone, but at least he can't do any more damage, the wee tinker!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Oh dear, naughty boy! At least his wound was unharmed though.
ellea
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2013, 08:22 PM
A sure sign of a CL problem is that the dog walks on his tip toes with a limp , Just found out a wee Skye terrier [4yrs] has been rehomed and the new owner has had him at the vets as she was worried ref his back legs, seems his old owner rehome him because of this and it happend mts ago so new owner has to decide weather to get him op on or leave it as the legs have healed and he is moving just fine but looks funny will take vets advice after gettin XRays done
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh dear Evie, don't you just wish you could tell him that if could leave that leg alone he wouldn't have to wear his lampshade!
They do so hate it, but it is the only way to make sure that there is no major trip to the vet for restitching or worse.

Give him a cuddle from me.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Poor Elroy demoted to wearing the dreaded cone of shame again!! Thank goodness there was no damage to his wound. Fingers and paws crossed here that he wont do that again. Hugs to you both.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Oh dear, naughty boy! At least his wound was unharmed though.
So relieved he didn't manage to cause himself damage! Wee tinker.

Originally Posted by ellea View Post
A sure sign of a CL problem is that the dog walks on his tip toes with a limp , Just found out a wee Skye terrier [4yrs] has been rehomed and the new owner has had him at the vets as she was worried ref his back legs, seems his old owner rehome him because of this and it happend mts ago so new owner has to decide weather to get him op on or leave it as the legs have healed and he is moving just fine but looks funny will take vets advice after gettin XRays done
That is exactly how El was pre op. Hope the wee terrier gets sorted soon.

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh dear Evie, don't you just wish you could tell him that if could leave that leg alone he wouldn't have to wear his lampshade!
They do so hate it, but it is the only way to make sure that there is no major trip to the vet for restitching or worse.

Give him a cuddle from me.
See, I explained all this to him.... but he clearly wasn't listening. The cone of shame is staying put now.

Originally Posted by susannah92 View Post
Poor Elroy demoted to wearing the dreaded cone of shame again!! Thank goodness there was no damage to his wound. Fingers and paws crossed here that he wont do that again. Hugs to you both.
Watching him like a hawk from now on. The wound must be starting to get itchy as it is healing, cos he has been so good till today.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Stitches came out (thanfully) yesterday.
Thank heavens as El had discovered if he forced the cone down his neck by leaning it into the corner of the crate, he could just about reach part of the wound! He managed to take two stitches out himself at the weekend when I was out.

The top stitch was very tight, which I think was really annoying him. He hasn't really bothered about the wound since then.

Vet gave antibiotic injection just incase. Wound is looking good this morning. It's great to see him using his leg properly on pee breaks, first time since Aug/Sept when this all kicked off. We start 4min walks twice a day on Thursday. It's gonna be fun trying to stop him from bouncing with excitement!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2013, 10:35 AM
So pleased to hear all stitches are out [properly - El you wozza norty boy to take some out by yourself, tut tut].

He is going to so enjoy his proper walks but I can well imagine how frustrating he will feel at just four minutes at a time.

Bit huggles for him and (((hugs))) for you! xx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
So pleased to hear all stitches are out [properly - El you wozza norty boy to take some out by yourself, tut tut].

He is going to so enjoy his proper walks but I can well imagine how frustrating he will feel at just four minutes at a time.

Bit huggles for him and (((hugs))) for you! xx
Thanks. I'm just so happy to see my boy on the mend!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Before you know it those tiny trips out will be slowly extended and as the muscles build up he will gradually return to normal.

It IS difficult stopping them from being stupid when they feel better, but it is vital that you keep up the good work.

Well done to you.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >