Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 08:57 AM

Re-homing

It is with great sadness that we have decided to rehome Kizzy our puppy.
We have worked so hard with her and Meg but it's not working and Meg hates the sight of her.

People have asked me why I don't rehome Meg, been has she spayed and purely a pet but I can't.
She has been here for nearly 4 years,she is absolutely bomb proof (apart from with other dogs)she has been through alot in her life and we very nearly lost her two yrs ago through Pyo.

We have decided that we will not be having anymore dogs until Meg has made her trip to the bridge,which hopefully won't be for a good few years yet.

Meg as you know has lost some of her coat and as pointed out to me this could also be stress related due to the puppy.
If it means not having a dog to breed from for the next 10 years then so be it,but we can't carry on as we are.

Slate me if you want to,shout at me whatever,this is not something that we have decided to do overnight and a great deal of thought has gone into it.
We have to do what's right for us, and more importantly Megs.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi,

I'm really sorry for all of you (Kizzy and Meg included) that it's had to come to this. I know you worked hard with them both to resolve things.

Well done though for making the decision. It's one of the hardest you can make. There will be people who do slate you and shout at you, but as you say, it's in all your best interests and nobody else is living your life of that of your dogs.

Good luck in your search for a proper home for Kizzy. Have you thought of allowing her to go to freinds, family or neighbours so you can still see her grow up?

Laura xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:13 AM
I think you have made the right decision Sal, I did wonder how you were managing, but was hesitant to ask. Rehoming the puppy is exactly the right thing to do and I know its not easy for you. best of luck.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Awww im sorry hun , I realise how hard a decision it must have been to make

I cant for the life of me see why anyone would slate you ... you've tried your best to see the dogs get along and you are putting your dreams on hold for your older dogs happiness
In my eyes that makes you a fantastic owner
Hugs
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:20 AM
oh sal im so sorry,

you love them so much you are putting yourself through absolute heartbreak to do whats best for them

no one can slate you for that

**hugs**
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh Dear -

It is very hard when you have a bitch who cannot cope with another one. A very difficult decision but I am sure you will find a great home for her.

Take care
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:30 AM
You are doing the right thing, it will only get worse.

It is so hard, I admire you for being brave enough to do it for the sake of both dogs.

rune
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't see how anyone could possibly slate you, when you have tried so hard and I know you havn't come to this decision lightly.
You are doing the right thing though as its not fair on Meg, Kizzy or you to keep on going.
I'm sure you will find an excellent home for her where she will be very happy and then you and Meg can relax and enjoy life to the full again without the stress.
(((hugs))) I know it will be hard for you.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree with all that has been said. You have tried so hard and sometimes our best just isn't good enough. A very difficult decision but one that is being made for the good of your dog, not for selfish reasons. I'm sure you will find Kizzy a wonderful home. Hugs to you. xxx
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
sometimes dogs just don't get on, i have had one here for the last 12 weeks that just didn't want to live with others, my own weren't themselves and the foster was plain miserable being in that situation, i have hopefully found her a home as an only one, and when i took her there on Friday she was a different dog, much happier and so were my own.

I think its the right decision, good luck to you all
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >