View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 05:26 AM
I agree last nights show was disturbing, would of killed me, im very easily scared, and would of collapsed!!
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 06:19 AM
I like watching him but he manipulates the people watching I think He does it in such a way that it isn't noticeable and he is VERY clever
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 08:38 AM
I agree mel, but would love to see if any of his 'tricks' worked on me
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Same here Even though we know about it, I bet they would still work
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Soph
Was anyone else really disturbed by tonight's show? Normally I enjoy it massively but tonight had me thinking surely this is illegal. I mean, you hypnotise someone without their permission and basically torture them and scare the willies out of them - put them in a situation where they think they are killing people??? Isn't that the kind of thing that could have lasting psychological effects? I thought the victim was remarkably forgiving. And how could his friends let him go through that?

Liked the mass card trick last week though.
I did find the one last night a bit disturbing while the guy was screaming and obviously thinking it was real!! I was also thinking it must have been illegal At the end though, he brought the guy round and he had no memory of actually playing the game himself and was laughing when he watched the footage!

I dont think i'd have liked that being done to me though!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I@m not a 'believer' as such but on 2 occasions have had visits(through mediums) that have rocked my disbelief.
1. My friend Jean is a medium (and says that a true medium would never make money from their 'gift') stood at the front door, having a coughing fit. She kept saying"she knows its you, please stop coughing" when she'd calmed down, she said that she was well and for me to remember having blue flowers in my hair and crying. It WAS my mother, she had a throat condition that made her cough badly, when I was 5 I was a bridesmaid and my aunt backcombed my hair and put little blue flowers in. At this time my mum had been dead for 10years, I had never spoken about the wedding (well forgotten) and had only known Jean for 2 years, there is no way that she could have known about my mums cough!!!!!

2. We went for a meal at a spiritual church hall. There was a guy on the stage doing the usual 'medium' dross, then we ate. At the table there was a lady who sat opposite to me and all of a sudden stared at me intently and said " I have a young man here with long flowing hair, standing by a motorbike with 2 helmets, he says to tell his father that he is fine and happy". The man in question was Paul, who used to work with me. He had been killed on his bike 2 days before his 20th birthday by a drunk driver. He did indeed have long blonde hair and was on the way to pick his girlfrend up, hence the 2 helmets. I had never seen this person before, so how was it a trick?? also on neither occasion did I part with any money so what would have been the motive for trickery???
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I love watching Derrin Brown but lasts nights was a bit out of order! That poor guy was very frightened and it could have caused all sorts of psychlogical problems I thought! BUT he did seem to be ok afterwards though!

I do believe in the supernatural but there are a lot of frauds out there! I used to go to a spiritualist church and was told that I had lots of cats around me and that cats are drawn to me! Freaky! Also was told I have healing powers that I should use on animals. Never tried this out though!
Had a message from my Nan who told me to go and visit my mum as she was feeling down so I did and she was!
These people that go to spirituast church ask for no money, just a small donation to the church itself! I think that these people are genuine. I am very sceptic when spiritualists ask for loads of money, these are the ones who are fake.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 09:33 PM
i find myself drawn to watch him but i found it very disturbing when they took off the bloke who was playing the arcade game. I think his friends look petrified! I think derren brown all in all is a bit of a weirdo but very clever
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by tjhoe68
I love watching Derrin Brown but lasts nights was a bit out of order! That poor guy was very frightened and it could have caused all sorts of psychlogical problems I thought! BUT he did seem to be ok afterwards though!

I do believe in the supernatural but there are a lot of frauds out there! I used to go to a spiritualist church and was told that I had lots of cats around me and that cats are drawn to me! Freaky! Also was told I have healing powers that I should use on animals. Never tried this out though!
Had a message from my Nan who told me to go and visit my mum as she was feeling down so I did and she was!
These people that go to spirituast church ask for no money, just a small donation to the church itself! I think that these people are genuine. I am very sceptic when spiritualists ask for loads of money, these are the ones who are fake.
That reminds me, did anyone see the one where he pretended to be a psychic and picked people out of the audience pretending to speak to their deceased relatives?? (Quite a while ago!) Now that was weird, just goes to show if you want to believe anything you will! I never had an opinion on psychics, but after seeing that makes me wonder if any of it is real!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2