View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Most posters are friendly and will put their post across in a polite manner even if it is a differning opinion from your own-

But there have been posters who are abusive and reduced to name calling- so i say keep it for that reason

At least it alerts admin to a *problem*
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Oihh Lel... have you got any ladders
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
only in me stockings

(*whispers - why?*)
ziggar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-05-2005, 09:57 PM
im certainly not advocating taking away the negative point side of it
im just saying that maybe it should be worked a different way

the main gripe i have with the system is the fact that you HAVE to give points to other people (who may not have gotten a point from you otherwise) before being able to give someone that you gave a point to previously (either negative or positive) another point
i think thats pretty unfair

Z
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-05-2005, 10:34 PM
what would b fair? set a limit per person per person? Then people would complain that the limit is too low, and then whos to say that 'limit' wouldnt be abused anyway? (people maxing to that limit all the time). It seems all other methods are 'more' open to abuse, and we have to think about that if we want the system to remain fair. Like I said it's not a quick fix thing, its not aimed or configured for/at one-post-wonder members, it's for the community that intends to stick around a while
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Azz is there any way that we can give positive and negative points to the same person (just once) without spreading reputation around?
ziggar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-05-2005, 10:44 PM
i have no idea what would be the fairest way of doing it
and as i said, im not knocking it at all
but i do think that its totally unfair on the majority of the community that some people will get points simply because someone has to have them because of the so called "spread it about" rule and not because they have earned them

Z
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Ca - not without alot of hard work re-coding it no its sommin we're gonna have to live with sorry.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Ok

I must admit I dont use the reputation points as much as I should
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by ziggar
i have no idea what would be the fairest way of doing it
and as i said, im not knocking it at all
but i do think that its totally unfair on the majority of the community that some people will get points simply because someone has to have them because of the so called "spread it about" rule and not because they have earned them

Z
As I mentioned above Ziggar - we don't want people to be able to have a major impact on someone elses rep... we dont want you to be able to give someone more points so soon anyway, why? because its what the whole 'community' thinks that should be counted, not what one person thinks (who keeps repeating 'rep' on the same person) see what I'm getting at? In addition, when people themselves (in time) have more power themselves, they won't need to 'hit' someone twice so soon (and neither should they 'abuse' that power either). Geddit?

In addition because people can onl give so much in a day it stops people absuing it
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >