Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 04:31 PM

A blip on todays walk

This happened on our walk today

Large, bouncy brown labrador, playing in the river,(bigger than our dogs in build) our dog/s go into the water too, woman starts screaming (Not the dog) stomps towards us screaming abuse
'''''your dog just bit mine, what you gonna do about it''''

we ask......''''which one as they don't usually bite''''

woman......''''Yes they DO....its just done it''''

US......'''' which one''''

Woman....''''one of the big ones'''

You '''''Which one though''''''

Woman..........'''''you need to F'in well keep them under control, you F'in freak, next time I'll boot it

US.....''''''But you said ONE dog bit yours, Im asking you which ONE'''''

Would you expect as she used the word BIT, to see blood, wound, puncture holes, dog yelping.
We asked if we could look and she refused her hubby swung at our dogs several times which made Tess cower away, but in the end we just ignored her/them.

Now my Foster son tells us that ......their labrador ran over and went for Bruce so Bruce nipped its ar*e feel bad now but what can I say now its all over and done with

Am I wrong in thinking that they shouldn't of let their dog run over to ours
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh dear silly woman. If Bruce just nipped its bum its not that bad is it ?

Their dog ran up to Bruce he sent it on its way. I feel they should of had their dog under control sounds like handbags at dawn to me regards the dogs and no real harm done.

After all if your dog goes up to other off lead dogs and doesn't read the signals or ignores them surely as an owner you expect it to get a nip or growed at, if they know their dog is a nuisance for this they should be more careful. Its not like Bruce went up to her dog and nipped it for no reason. Doesn't sound like it was hurt.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Labs can be very rude in the manner of approaching - I for one wouldn't be upset if your Bruce had done it to Louie - as much as I try to teach him he can't just run up, sometime he'll find out the hard way.

Don't take it to heart.. their dog will have learnt a lesson from it and they'll avoid you next time - they obviously haven't got a clue
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:29 PM
See that is almost my worst senario.................as being a Stafford I would have had the pair of them screaming "devil dog" at me.
Whereas Sal is very good but will not tolerate ill mannered dogs....running at her, and would take a step to restore manners.

Maybe they should concentrate on getting their dog better socialized.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh dear silly woman. If Bruce just nipped its bum its not that bad is it ?

Their dog ran up to Bruce he sent it on its way. I feel they should of had their dog under control sounds like handbags at dawn to me regards the dogs and no real harm done.

After all if your dog goes up to other off lead dogs and doesn't read the signals or ignores them surely as an owner you expect it to get a nip or growed at, if they know their dog is a nuisance for this they should be more careful. Its not like Bruce went up to her dog and nipped it for no reason. Doesn't sound like it was hurt.
We know Bruce doesn't like other dogs in his face as much as I have tried to tell him about it, its just something he really hates. Bruce won't approach other dogs, infact he acts like they don't exsist, I think I was rude in the end as I just looked at her and smiled sweetly.....as she just wouldn't answer my question
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Labs can be very rude in the manner of approaching - I for one wouldn't be upset if your Bruce had done it to Louie - as much as I try to teach him he can't just run up, sometime he'll find out the hard way.

Don't take it to heart.. their dog will have learnt a lesson from it and they'll avoid you next time - they obviously haven't got a clue
Nothing against Lab's, but I have found this especially with the younger ones, I swear as she was walking away she was stopping anyone who would listen and pointing back at us I felt like a criminal
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
See that is almost my worst senario.................as being a Stafford I would have had the pair of them screaming "devil dog" at me.
Whereas Sal is very good but will not tolerate ill mannered dogs....running at her, and would take a step to restore manners.

Maybe they should concentrate on getting their dog better socialized.
Its our worse senario too as we have a pack when it happens its always the same old........'''those dogs picked on my one''' but the girls don't bother its only Bruce who hates ill mannered dogs, I always call him back and get him to sit as a rule if I can see another dog going near his back-end I missed todays call
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Nothing against Lab's, but I have found this especially with the younger ones, I swear as she was walking away she was stopping anyone who would listen and pointing back at us I felt like a criminal
I have nothing against all young dogs - they haven't learnt yet and it's a shame because they either never learn or they get on the wrong side of the wrong dog.. Louie can be rude, he was told off my a Yorkie for simply approaching him - and it was polite for a change..
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I have nothing against all young dogs - they haven't learnt yet and it's a shame because they either never learn or they get on the wrong side of the wrong dog.. Louie can be rude, he was told off my a Yorkie for simply approaching him - and it was polite for a change..
Two old yorkies told mojo off today and she was only walking past them
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Now my Foster son tells us that ......their labrador ran over and went for Bruce so Bruce nipped its ar*e feel bad now but what can I say now its all over and done with

Go Bruce!

*sorry*
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Go Bruce!

*sorry*
Go Bruce indeed

I should of bit her ar*e for calling me a ''''F'in freak''''
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >