Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Meg - Issues ?

We are having so many issues with the kids next door,the last week has been horrendous,we have had there pups toys thrown at our lounge window,I picked them up and put them in the bin,they have been climbing up the fence,O/H told them to get down he was told to F off and they stuck up there fingers and showed him there fists

Anyway last night they climbed the fence again,Meg was out in the garden I was preparing tea,next thing I heard was Meg growling and going absolutely ballastic, Luke said the kids had been hanging over the fence and Meg obviously had a go at them
I have took the attitude now if they get bitten tough,there problem,because they shouldn't be climbing the fence and hanging into our garden.Anyway O/H was worried we would get into trouble if she does bite and asked me to ring the Police to see where we stand.

The Police have said that Meg is entitled to be in her garden,she isn't a banned breed under the DDA 1991, and not out of control in a public place therefore there isn't anything they can do if the kids get bitten and there parents should be supervising and correcting the behaviour.So I said well if the mother wanted to proceed then it would be a civil issue,the police said and she wouldn't get anywhere if she decided to take that route,it would be thrown out of court.

Now don't get me wrong I would hate Meg to bite them,but if they are not been corrected and won't keep off the fence etc then so be it.She isn't aggressive with people when out and about and people she knows,Vi at the other side talks to her over the little 4ft fence,and Keith at the bottom of our garden talks to her and she is fine,the Police who came her on fathers day also met her and she was fine with them and she had never seen them before.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:29 AM
I had a similar issue a couple of years ago, where some yobs thought it might be funny to hide in my shrubbery (careful) which is next to my 6ft wall and pull themselves up.

As their IQ was smaller than their shirt size they failed to grasp that I could spot them from my bedroom window especially as one of them was wearing a white baseball cap!

I took the GSD out with me and told them to come out, I knew they were in there and if they did not I would send the dog in. (They were not to know that I would not).

I explained to them that if they tried to get over the wall the dog would bite them therefore it was inadvisable.

I then immediately called our local police and had a long chat with them re my dog and explained he was a Schutzhund 3 dog and, if in the garden (or house with the patio doors open) he would probably bite any intruder.

They more or less said the same as you, but they did come round and talk to the yobs in question and I also tripped round to the station with my dog and I have not had any issues since.

I also got a reference number from the police and followed it up with a letter expressing my concerns, their responses etc should the need ever arise..........

I do not take chances with my dog's safety.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Sounds like your having a right nightmare with your neighbours. Im so lucky that i have such nice ones. I dont think i could handle having ones that i didnt get on with.

I hope you get everything sorted out. I cant believe the kids have the cheek to throw the toys at your window. Your donig very well with hiding your temper. Not sure i would be as good as you lol
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Tbh I wouldn't want to put any dog of mine in that situation and I know you've had shed loads of trouble with your scuzzy neighbour. I would keep my camera or video handy and would try and record as many incidents as possible. I would then bombard the HA and the police with complaints and supply photographic evidence. It's all well and good the police saying it would be their own fault if anything happens but they need to put in an appearance and have a chat with mum regarding the kids and their behaviour and point out exactly what might happen if she takes no steps to control her brats.
marianne38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:17 AM
When I was a child, if I had climbed a fence and a dog bit me- my parents would of said serve you right for being so stupid.

How times have changed.

And my older brother did get bitten by a collie who jumped the fence( the dog that is not my brother ),and we didn,t tell our parents we were too scared.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I feel for you Sal your neighbours sound like a right pain in the a**e
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks they are a nightmare,

I don't intentionally put Meg into these situations but I don't see why I should have to keep her in the house either,just lately there kids are spending alot of time in the garden and I don't think it's fair that our dogs should be kept inside.

If I get any more incidents I will ask the Police to pay them a visit.