Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jaymacv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Pedigree Dogs Exposed

Okay, so I watched this a few minutes ago. It was very upsetting yet sometimes annoying. Anybody else seen it?
I think that if half of the people on it had properly and thoroughly researched their breeds they would be aware of the problems and buy from an ethical breeder! As a pug owner I am well aware of everything that could go wrong. I thought long and hard about getting a pug. And although yes she snores and pants and stuff Lili has a very happy and so far healthy life!
Some of it I totally agree with though. What is wrong with those German shepherds? Poor things.
I hope I don't start an argument, but I just had to mention it.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Do a search on here for it ..
Loads of posts .
jaymacv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Haha okay, never thought of that.

I think it'll be quite interesting....
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2012, 10:13 PM
It was also very biased & Ms Jemima Puddleduck who made it has admitted that it was anti pedigree dogs to make a sensational program on another forum.

Didn't mention that the epileptic Boxer & the Cavalier were both pet bred from non KC reg dogs & that both the adult GSDs shown both had/have a full set of working qualifications & complete set of health tests !

Ms Puddleduck also had to admit lying in an article she wrote about a Poodle groomer "plucking"whiskers off show dogs for aesthetic purposes.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by jaymacv View Post
Okay, so I watched this a few minutes ago. It was very upsetting yet sometimes annoying. Anybody else seen it?
I think that if half of the people on it had properly and thoroughly researched their breeds they would be aware of the problems and buy from an ethical breeder! As
a
pug owner I am well aware of everything that could go wrong. I thought long and hard about getting a pug. And although yes she snores and pants and stuff Lili has a very happy and so far healthy life!
Some of it I totally agree with though. What is wrong with those German shepherds? Poor things.
I hope I don't start an argument, but I just had to mention it.
I actually find that remark quite upsetting.

I've had Boxers for nearly 30 years. My present two Boxers are from the same breeder who takes great care with his breeding. Their mum is an Eng & Irish champion, their breeder shows and judges, their Sires both Eng Champs are from a very well known successful show/breeding kennel on the mainland. I went to great lengths to find a good breeder as I know the breed can have various health issues. We prebooked a puppy & went about things the right way

Therefore can you imagine the devastation we felt to know that our eldest girl has congenital kidney failure. We took part in the research that Dr Cattanach carried out - it would not help our wee bitch but hopefully it would help Boxers of the future and their owners. As it was the results were inconclusive. Her breeder was very supportive and helped Dr Cattanach in any way he could

So sadly no it's not always the case of people not doing their homework..

NB. Didn't mean blue highlight to come out so big - on mobile and it won't change size again for me