Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I don't need to. They don't need a Pet Passport. They need a Certificate of Health/vaccinations etc which is done by thier vets here in the UK. It's not the same as the passport !
Records required include Identification, date of rabies & other vax & the date of the tests etc plus worming hence these can be recorded best on a Pet Passport & a friend has sent several dogs to Iceland using the Pet Passport & the other Icelandic forms(which are sent after the application is made)& had no problems at all, whilst another dog breeder sent one with just the certificates & Icelandic forms had loads of problems & in the end her vet sent a Pet Passport out from the data she held & the dog then sailed though the importation. Iceland BTW is part of the Pet Travel Scheme & ergo the Pet Passport is of use in both importing & exporting dogs
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I know Iceland is part of the PPS, as I said before, I have relatives there !

So, to the OP, it's better to get the PP for ease, rather than because you have to.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I know Iceland is part of the PPS, as I said before, I have relatives there !

So, to the OP, it's better to get the PP for ease, rather than because you have to.

Which is what I wrote in the first place :smt002 :smt002 It's useful is they ever need to go abroad permanently as well
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all your advice - will ask Icelandic friend which way he wants to do it. It sounds a long old process. Malady - I'm only going on what he told us - that JRs were fairly scarce - but if they're common as you say, perhaps he's best finding a breeder over there - does your friend know of any?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2