Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by idlejune View Post
I joined yesterday saying how I enjoyed the dog whisperer and how the program helped me help one of my rescue dogs with her new obsessive behaviour. I was jumped on immediately and made to feel I had been stupid and ignorant & in some way ill treated my dog. What a strange welcome thank goodness I hadn't bought a crossbreed!
I am very sorry to hear this Dogsey is generally a really friendly, informative site. I really wish some members would stop being so judgemental of others. I like the dog whisperer too and I am thrilled to hear it helped overcome your rescue dog's behaviour. Well done you

Please stick around on Dogsey - the majority of us are really nice and friendly
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I joined yesterday saying how I enjoyed the dog whisperer and how the program helped me help one of my rescue dogs with her new obsessive behaviour. I was jumped on immediately and made to feel I had been stupid and ignorant & in some way ill treated my dog. What a strange welcome thank goodness I hadn't bought a crossbreed!
I don't open any threads about the Dog Whisperer now. I don't like the guy and I don't like the producers 'angle' on dogs (Viewing figures more important than dog) but if one of his methods has helped you and your dog then I am pleased for you.

I would urge you to stay with Dogsey because if you do, and you come back in a years time and say that your rescue dog is still benefitting from a technique you learned on his programme then I for one will reconsider my stance.

A lot of people have taken a dislike to him for what they call a 'quick fix' approach. I can't comment on that since I've only seen two or three progs and not ever tried to apply anything from those few progs.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately this does happen on this forum sometimes

There has been a thread about it this week, lack of manners and the fact that some people appear to think it is ok to belittle the opinions of others. I would've hoped that such offenders would've seen it and have thought twice before they went round upsetting people but it would seem not Sorry to hear you have been subjected to such behaviour.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey IdleJune, welcome to Dogsey!

Re: Labradoodles, surely the non shedding thing will eventually work once the breed has taken on? If you bred a non shedder with a non shedder then it's off? Right?

Still think it's all dumb though.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:04 PM
There are certain breeds that don`t moult. I don`t really see what the advantages are of crossing them with a dog that does moult TBH. Poodles are great dogs and were originally used to retrieve from water (hence the haircut). The Labrador is also used to retrieve - often from water. Both breeds can be stubborn, both are friendly, both are active. Anyone know why they were crossed?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, I do not know much about them myself but came across this link:

http://www.labradoodlesinc.co.uk/info.html
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Thankyou. Has anyone ever just used a Poodle I wonder? Maybe they`re too active?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Some abusive posts have been removed and this thread locked.

If you have any criticisms to make about this site please contact Admin using the Feedback section.
Please note our Posting Guidelines :

6) Some things that are not allowed

Threads that invite criticism or discussion about Dogsey or any of its rules or decisions.
Thank you.
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9