View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Ref breeders whom only breed for money and have little or no concern for the dogs they breed, this obviously happens in the pedigree world as well as the world of 'deliberate' or accidental crosses.

I think people should have manners and decency ref their expressions in regards to other peoples choice of pet, to me it is as simple as that. There is a time and a place to express concerns and certainly not on a thread when someone is asking a legitimate question about their dog, which has nothing to do with the dogs origins/breed etc in the first instance.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
LOVING the disclaimer Magpye.

Dito,

my feelings are, {not the thread in question} but I have seen members go in a bit hard on new members when it comes to things like this, I would like a bit more tact I guess, but I think as others have said its important for people reading these threads to see there dog with a fancy name is no more than a cross breed dog.

I would just like to see less blood in some threads doing so.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I have just remembered when a lady called Lois joined here and posted about her involvement in the 'Alsatian Shepalute', opinions were 'thrown' at her, she posted once more in defence of herself and I believe has never been seen on here again.... IMHO it is not fair on new comers to be 'singled' out like that. I agree people have the freedom of expression but surely there is a time and a place, namely a relevant thread.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Dito,

my feelings are, {not the thread in question} but I have seen members go in a bit hard on new members when it comes to things like this, I would like a bit more tact I guess, but I think as others have said its important for people reading these threads to see there dog with a fancy name is no more than a cross breed dog.

I would just like to see less blood in some threads doing so.
I'm with you all the way on this Shona.

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I have just remembered when a lady called Lois joined here and posted about her involvement in the 'Alsatian Shepalute', opinions were 'thrown' at her, she posted once more in defence of herself and I believe has never been seen on here again.... IMHO it is not fair on new comers to be 'singled' out like that. I agree people have the freedom of expression but surely there is a time and a place, namely a relevant thread.
As they have with the breed of dog they choose but why do they have to be jumped on in such a ferocious way all the time. You are right WW.
Is it insecurity in posters that make them come across as so confrontational and aggressive towards other posters on a forum? Is it because they know their targets can't face up to them in cyber space?
I just cannot understand the attitude of some people
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 08:34 PM
My personal opinion about crosses is that they are dogs, whatever their breed! I love dogs, one and all, so have no problems with crosses.

However, I do have a few problems:

One being people that listen to the whole designer dog thing, i.e. Labradoodle/Chi-Poo/Jackuahua/Chug/Pomchi and so on. By using these 'names' I think they are giving the impression that these dogs are a particular breed which, of course, is not the case. They are crossbreeds. Nothing wrong with that. The only wrong doing is Breeders who deliberately mate the dogs that produce the crossbreed pups, then charge lots of £££££'s for what is basically a crossbreed/mongrel: - selling them as 'designer breeds'evil:

I feel exactly the same about the TEACUP trend. That makes me soooooo mad Unsuspecting people pay lots of money for what is, in effect, the runt of the litter. Not to mention that some of these Breeders use tiny parents to produce their TEACUPS causing c-sections/death to the Mama dogs Don't they realise that all that goes into making a dog, still has to fit in these tiny little ones they create, i.e., brain, teeth, etc. Then they wonder why the pups are dying of hydrocephalus

The last thing I have a problem with on this subject, is people (i.e. from Forums) who are basically rude to newcomers/other Members about their crossbreeds. I believe, as I do with some of the breeding threads, you can say something and get your point across in a polite and courteous manner. You don't have to be confrontational to make a point.

I honestly believe that some people (just a few) enjoy being unkind, which is very sad There is nothing wrong in pointing out that the 'breed' they are talking about is actually a crossbreed (that is just giving them and anyone else who may look at the thread, information). It is when it goes further than that, I feel it is just tooooooo nasty
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Disclaimer: No opinions posted in this post are intended to cause offense, any offense cause is entirely unintentional and the poster apologises unreservedly for any offense caused.
Nice one magpye - these days you can't ever know if giving some advice or making a comment will upset someone. All the posts which are being discussed here are now removed so I can't see them, still if someone commented that the dog in question wasn't a recognised breed, well the OP doesn't need to reply by saying 'get stuffed' still maybe that is the way people respond these days I don't know 'cos I try to keep away from such people

Disclaimer: No opinions posted in this post are intended to cause offense, any offense caused is entirely unintentional, and the poster apologises unreservedly for any offense caused.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 08:56 PM
This is a good thread i've enjoyed reading it.
I dont mind crossbreeds that have been bred for a purpose i.e working or allergies but then saying that i often wonder what happens to the puppies that dont make that criteria.
The thing that really gets on my nerves is two breeds put together for no other reason than money or general laziness i.e dogs tied and couldn't be bothered to go to the vets and the names.
They dont need special names to find good homes they get special names because it puts the price up and people pay it and dont understand the problem.
I walk dogs at my small local rescue centre and they are so over run with cross breeds especially over christmas and new year yes they do have some pedigree's in but the majority are crosses.
So if you want a mongrel instead of paying shocking prices why not go to a rescue centre and put your hard earned money to good use and help a dog that needs a home they even have puppies in now.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I like crossbreeds, and like any pedigree, i have NOTHING against them being bred aslong as its ethically and from health screened parents. But then I don't see anything wrong with people breeding litters as pets rather than with ideals of producing show winning specimens, but that's me..a dog is a dog, and i value a well raised and even temper over anything!
I paid 225 for my little westie x dinmont bitch, best dog ever..paramount, would pay a lot more for her i could tell you that..would kill to find another half as to the scratch as her!
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2009, 09:21 PM
I have no problem with people having cross breeds I had them before, but I do have a problem with people who breed what they call designer dogs and charge the earth for them. I seen ads for some of them for over £1000 and people buy them, mad just mad.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Briard Lover View Post
I seen ads for some of them for over £1000 and people buy them, mad just mad.
As the saying goes "A fool and his money are soon parted"
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »