Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
There are 19 colour variations of Border Collie, and given the choice.....i would still go for a black and white

Jann
I feel the same, isent it funny what we come to prefur. I think for me its becaues my first dog was black and I loved her more than anything, so now I see a black dog and I think it just reminds how perfect my meg was.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I havent read the entire thread (lazy and i have a headache lol) but i cant see why there would be an issue with someone wanting a particular coat or eye colour on a dog? Its such a serious decision and one that is usually an expensive one, so if someone likes a red merle blue eyed border collie why shouldn't they wait for that specific dog?? We all pick the breeds we like, why shouldnt we be able to pick the colour we like within that breed?

I bought my horse cos of how she looks, i dont mind admitting that. And also, when i get another cat (probably many years from now) i want another blue eyed cat just because i think they are beautiful. Is that so wrong??
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Colour is a funny thing! In the show ESS the black and whites are seen by many as inferior and if you're unknown in the breed you've got next to no hope with a black unless you go under specific judges!

Crazy world!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I actually love the liver belton English setters, but sadly for some reason they are now only really found in the working setters.... but I have all three main ones and tbh can't say I prefer any of them over the other... a dog is a dog....
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
That is what I have been told by Cocker breeders I talked to about a year ago. They thought rage syndrome was no longer a live issue.
I had a bully boy who had rage, it was heart breaking, I don't think that its associated with a certain colour like it is with cockers though.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9