View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:21 AM
And according to you I'm the childish one...........

Anyway, sorry to disappoint you but I have a life. Can't sit arguing all day. Have got friends to meet and pets to care for! You have a nice day.... Perhaps you can find another thread to ruin Seems like that's your idea of fun
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Enjoy yourself, Im on holiday Ill try to do the same.
Chi-Owner
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-11-2008, 11:46 AM
AGAIN, BACK ON TOPIC:

Craig, how is "mum" this morning. Is she still eating okay? I found my girl got a bit picky towards the end of her pregnancy. I think she's quite clever though and knew I'd start cooking for her if she refused her dog food.

Is she still enjoying a walk or is it getting a little uncomfortable for her now?

By the way, don't know if you are into reading but I read Book of the Bitch by JM Evans and Kay White, which I found really helpful. It covers whelping in great detail and I found it extremely interesting. My Husband got my copy in Pets At Home.

If you have any queries or worries about your girl, please post any question (or PM me) and I can ask my Mentor who has vast experience in breeding Chis and Poodles. She also shows and judges (when I say "judges" I mean at shows not generally ). She would be only too happy to help out and share her experience.
Hi CheekyChihuahua
Mum is great thanks, She has now found a way of getting in my bedroom at night now and loves it! she slept under the duvet by my feet last night. She did have her "Feel sorry for me" face on this morning when i give her her normal food and would not eat it so ended up with a grilled chicken breast and steamed veg (her favorate)
I tried to walk her this morning over the fields but she didnt really want to be out.

Thanks for your offer of advice, this is exactly what i needed at the start of the thread not people crashing the thread with there anger issues.

I will upload more photos later or may make a page for her on the other part of the forum.

THANKS TO ANYBODY ELSE FOR THERE ADVICE TOO
Chi-Owner
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-11-2008, 11:51 AM
By the way, don't know if you are into reading but I read Book of the Bitch by JM Evans and Kay White, which I found really helpful. It covers whelping in great detail and I found it extremely interesting. My Husband got my copy in Pets At Home.
Thanks
I will see if i can find this book at pets at home later this evening
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi what a shock it must of been for you all when you found out your girly was going to be a mum, i am sure there are alot of people who would not of known that could of happended after male being done but at least through your thread hu you have let others now and helped others to now this. Thank you for that.

With regards your girly no matter what a shock i am sure it has sunk in now, i would like to say congrates to you even if not the right way for things to happen, but that can be life some times. i wish you all the luck with whelping and the pups and i would love to see pics as your girl grows and pups are born.

good luck hun from me. xx
Chi-Owner
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-11-2008, 10:12 PM
A little update.
Princess is finding resting very uncomfortable today, She aint able to lay down like she used to (poor thing) Belly is getting in the way big time. Also noticed that she leaked some milk from one of her nipples.
Is there a possiblity that she is further gone than 6 weeks? Her breast tissue has gone quite hard now.
The vet didnt really have too much time when i took her to him last because he was called out to an emergency. Perhaps he didnt get the dates right?
What are the tell late signs of the later part of pregnancy?
charlieG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:43 PM
my dog memphis started leaking milk a week b4 she had her pups and her stomack got hard a few days b4. she cuddnt settle 24 hours b4 and she started panting and pacing at 7am on the sunday and had first pup at just after 12pm. her contractions were very noticible as her stomach pulled right up into her. hope this helps.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 09:43 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the pups came a little earlier than two weeks time, from what you are saying. I think I would take her back to the Vet for a check-up in a day or two and just get everything checked out. Maybe he will have more time to give her a thorough check over.

It's all a bit of a waiting game now, isn't it.

She probably is feeling a little uncomfortable, bless her!

When my Bambi was preggers, at this stage, I could feel that she had two pups - one larger than the other (they were very small born - a week premature - didn't make it unfortunately one 4oz and one 3oz). Have you noticed anything like that? Although, if she is having a few pups they are probably too squashed up to feel anything definite. I didn't prod about or anything with Bambi but when I could feel movement I just felt gently with my fingertips and could actually feel the two little pups

Anyway, keep us posted. It's getting to that exciting stage now
Chi-Owner
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Little update
I am taking princess to the vet later this evening for a more thorough check over. Hope to get her scanned too so i can find out how many she will be having.
She is a little less uncomfortale today and eat her mormal food this morning although she didnt eat as much as normal.
I will update you all later when i have been to the vet.
Getting excited about these puppies now. I can feel quite a few lumps in her belly. also noticed that she has grown an extra nipple? Whats that all about?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 02:00 PM
An extra nipple???? No, have not heard of that before. Must research that one!

I'm glad Princess is going to the Vet for a check-up. It will put your mind at rest. As for the scans, from what I hear, they are not always accurate. Just thought I'd tell you that, in case you hadn't already heard about the inaccuracy of some scans. I spoke to my Vet before who said that it is good to have one done, just to have a look and see what is going on but by no means should we take it as read that the number they see on the scan is 100% accurate. I decided not to have it done at that time. However, if I breed again, I think that I would have it done, just to give me an idea of what is going on.

By the way, what size is your girl? It is hard to tell in the pics. I only ask as, when I bred my girl I had the "c-section" worry hanging over my head, her being Chi and 6lbs (she didn't need a c-section though). If your girl is a bit bigger, at least the chance of a c-section is lowered (though not guaranteed of course).

I'll check back later for any news!
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »