View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree Shona I remember the last few BIS winners were fed on Pro plan and they took out big ads in the dog press.
I got mine cause I'm registered with them mainly for the chum and porridge.
With regards the new MD some one told me when they pulled out of Bourmnemouth cant remember who though, think it was either a rep or one of the girls who used to man the trade stands.
To be honest most of the shops could pull out of Crufts and it would go back to being a dog show again not a retail experience I hate the show.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I agree Shona I remember the last few BIS winners were fed on Pro plan and they took out big ads in the dog press.
I got mine cause I'm registered with them mainly for the chum and porridge.
With regards the new MD some one told me when they pulled out of Bourmnemouth cant remember who though, think it was either a rep or one of the girls who used to man the trade stands.
To be honest most of the shops could pull out of Crufts and it would go back to being a dog show again not a retail experience I hate the show.
I think so many breeders/show dogs have multi accounts now with major retailers... I know I have a few..

I agree with the place being a retail thing... its a nightmare getting your bloody dog round the place...without someone standing on it... thats just bloody great.. you end up with a dog and a limp in the ring as someone has just trodden on its foot...
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:26 PM
I think the pedigree thing is just a cost cutting venture, I see Midland counties ring numbers were sponsered by pro-plan.

I wish Crufts would return to being a championship show rather than a shopping venture, it has lost its appeal and that special buzz.

I contacted pedigree re a worthless voucher we had won in the Champion stakes and said how disappointing it was to be placed and receive only a voucher and to not be able to redeem it (we didn't even get a place card) and they sent me an address to send it to and are going to exchange it for a voucher I can use against their products in my local shops (if only I could find it!).

I am disappointed that the dog trust has followed Pedigrees lead, I sponsor the Oakfield oldies in memory of Moet, who we lost 18 months ago, and as he was a pedigree dog it doesn't feel appropriate anymore.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Pedigree are pulling out of a load of stuff. They have sacked a load of staff, sacked all their breeder reps etc... When was the last time you heard of Pedigree concentrating on something like an "adoption drive?" They are struggling.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:44 PM
I truely think as they have lost the monopoly at shows due to other brands getting a bigger slice of the cake,.... they have withdrawn.. Its not got anything to do with the pedigree dogs exposed program... they had said a long time ago they would pull out..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Pedigree are pulling out of a load of stuff. They have sacked a load of staff, sacked all their breeder reps etc... When was the last time you heard of Pedigree concentrating on something like an "adoption drive?" They are struggling.
I have to say I was a bit miffed when they shut down the reps... I found it really handy... just ten mins drive in the car...viola.. you had what you needed... now its got to be ordered on line... which will not be quite as handy.. more so for people with pups on the floor who find themselfs caught short.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I agree I pmed them as well and asked about gravy bones and smakoes got told they have no plans to upgrade the website with other products.
I think a lot of this stems from a few years ago when they refused to let you enter the breeders stakes if you were sponsered by another dog food company, it got a lot of backs up especially the other companies who seemed to pull out all the stops, I know Eukanuba were livid.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I agree I pmed them as well and asked about gravy bones and smakoes got told they have no plans to upgrade the website with other products.
I think a lot of this stems from a few years ago when they refused to let you enter the breeders stakes if you were sponsered by another dog food company, it got a lot of backs up especially the other companies who seemed to pull out all the stops, I know Eukanuba were livid.
I know they piffed off a lot of the top rottie kennels...about that time... one of whom.. was a major winner in many breeds....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Don't have anything to say on the show side (As you all know we don't show our dogs) but can confirm that every company will be cutting back on all overheads, politicians have been trying to avoid the 'R' word but it's here now and the next year or two will be hard for every business and Pedigree are no exception.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 07:46 PM
They have pulled out of lots of sponsorships, they set up at Bournemouth Champ show, then took it down and left! Credit crunch is hitting hard, Pedigree (Mars) is no different.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >