Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 02:26 PM

had a letter from pedigree Re: crufts..KC

just wondered what your views are...

has anyone else had one?

the letter is as follows:

Dear ......

As a valued customer, Pedigree would like to inform you of a decision we have made regarding our sponsorship of Crufts.

Following a strategic review and careful consideration, Pedigree has decided to withdraw its sponsorship of Crufts. The Pedigree brand has evolved and we are prioritising initiatives that support the broadest possible community of dog owners such as our successful programme to help homeless dogs - The Pedigree Adoption Drive and our online sevice for breeders - pedigreedirect.co.uk. We will, however, maintain our long standing relationship with the Kennel Club and contiue to support furture projects.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with an excellent service via pedigreedirect.co.uk and if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 738800

yours sincerely
Stephen Rendu
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 03:35 PM
It does feel a bit as though everyone is jumping on the bandwagon following that programme but then again I think its a case of 'damned if they do, damned if they don't'.

I don't know enough about the funding of crufts - do they need sponsorship to make it viable, or is it self-funding without sponsorship etc?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I got it was well Shona, theres a reply on the KC website thanking them for there past support and saying that Crufts will be uneffected.
To be honest Pedigree was pulling out of sponsering shows before that tv prog was aired, they have a new MD and from what I can gather he's not a lover of dog shows and feels the company is better pushing so called pet ownership.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Don't buy Pedgree foods as such, though have given mine JWB. Didn't get the letter, I presume you have to be registered with Pedigree or something?

Would Pedigree/RSPCA/Dogs Trust etc not be better trying to educate the public on dog breeding, health and welfare rather than completely cutting all ties with events such as Crufts? I'd have thought so. Many people go to Crufts to try and decide on a dog breed they would like, and if the Dogs Trust etc were there then surely they could help them decide on a dog that's best for them, whether it be a bought pedigree dog or a rescue dog from rescue centres such as the Dogs' Trust. I fear this may end up having a detrimental effect on rescue dogs, even though the programme highlighted the fact than mongrels are generally more healthier than pedigrees and that there are many poor breeders out there.

Afterall, Crufts isn't the only dog show in the world, though it is the highlight of many showers' year, I understand.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 04:14 PM
The dogs trust have a big stand there as well, or they have done on previous years.
I wonder if this means pedigree wont be attending at all, I assumed the trade stand would be there as usual but not the breeders one usually in hall4
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
The dogs trust have a big stand there as well, or they have done on previous years.
I wonder if this means pedigree wont be attending at all, I assumed the trade stand would be there as usual but not the breeders one usually in hall4
I was wondering about the trade stand being there myself, Jacquie. They'll lose quite a bit of money by not attending, I would imagine.

I thought the Dogs Trust pulled out of Crufts too. No? Anyone know for sure? I'll have a Google and see what I can find.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Here:

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/press_of...-at-crufts.htm

Dogs Trust won't be at Crufts. It's a shame, in a way, as they'll lose money and some possible homes for rescue dogs. Although I can understad why they don't want to be associated with events such as Crufts.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Didn't get the letter, I presume you have to be registered with Pedigree or something?
I have a breeders card.. I have always used pedigree puppy porridge for my pups as well as other pedigree products... for the adults.. I buy cases of dog meat from them.. I have a eukanuba breeders card to as the pups are fed on Euk..puppy untill they are 18 months..

guessing thats why I got a letter
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I got it was well Shona, theres a reply on the KC website thanking them for there past support and saying that Crufts will be uneffected.
To be honest Pedigree was pulling out of sponsering shows before that tv prog was aired, they have a new MD and from what I can gather he's not a lover of dog shows and feels the company is better pushing so called pet ownership.
Thats intersting, any chance you can point me in the direction of that info...

As for them not being there , someone else will jump into their shoes I am sure.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I did wonder if them pulling out had more to do with,.... the lack of the statement...

And yet again this years winner of crufts feeds pedigree....

for years they had tv adds after crufts with the winners promoting there brand did they not??

due to people not being prepared to lie anymore.. and most winners using other brands and poss having breeders type membership as I do with eukanuba...

lets face it one of the other major food companys aint gona be happy if they sell food at a discounted price to someone all year.. then they win crufts and stand there saying they feed pedigree....

I personaly think thats more to do with the withdrawl than anything...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »