Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2008, 07:26 PM

Getting My Pony Tomorrow

After going to see some 2 year old New Forest ponies on Saturday, I chose a pretty black filly. I then went to see a yard , 10 minutes from my house ,to keep her at and reserved a stable for her. That evening , I spent hours online checking out her pedigree and found out that she's related to some of the best NF's on the showing circuit . Anyway. I got a phone call on Sunday evening to say that she could be delivered on Tuesday evening at 7-30. So , tomorrow , I'll stop of at the feed merchant/tack shop to get her some things , then head up to the stables to get a bed down for her arriving. If it's not too dark , I'll take some pics of her tomorrow. Then some more on Wednesday. I'll need to keep her in to begin with as she was kept in a big shed with about 20 other ponies. They were handled a little but not every day. The guy I bought her from said he would spend a few days handling her before he brings her over , but she was so good on Sunday that he felt she was ready to go sooner. The group of ponies he has , were born out in the New Forest and ran there until they were yearlings. He bought them last year at Beaulieu Road sales.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 07:34 PM
She sounds wonderful - can't wait to see some pictures! So soggy for horses at the mo.. hope it dries up soon! I get the impression you're a little excited?!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Wooooooo.. Fabby...

Can't wait to see piccy's
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2008, 08:24 PM
A little bit excited ? Well , erm , YES . I have not stopped talking about her since Saturday. I've got to get ready for work now and guess what ...... There's even MORE people to tell . Pics will be posted before the week is out ! Louise , how is Rocky ?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Rocky is fine... still a little stiff on his back end.. the swelling has went down and the wounds have scabbed over.. he finishes his AB's on Tuesday and his Bute finished today.. so we will wait till wednesday and see how he is..

He is still eating and bronco-ing across the fields and chasing Tink away from the hay LOL..so he is fine in himself...

Have you got a name for this ickle girly??
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2008, 02:25 AM
That's great that Rocky's getting better . My pony's registered name is Rowhill Nightingale. On the way home , my sister and I were trying to think of a pet name for her. My sister suggested Florrie , (as in Florence Nightingale !) and at first , I wasn't too keen. The more I thought about it , the more I liked it so her stable name is Florrie .
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi hope everything has gone ok with your new pony. Don't forget the photos when you get a chance.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2008, 03:05 AM
I'd just like to let everyone know that Florrie arrived safe and sound , bang on 7-30pm last night. She wasn't too stressed out by the journey , in fact I'd say for an unhandled pony , she actually travelled very well . The guy I bought her from led her down the ramp and into her stable , and I walked behind encouraging her. She hesitated slightly in the stable doorway , but some gentle words and a hand on her bum gave her the courage to step inside. Two good points there , first , she didn't even think about leaping off the ramp like a lot of youngsters do. And secondly , when I put my hand gently on her bum , and spoke to her to encourage her forward into the stable , she confidently walked on without scooting away or even clamping her tail down. That's a good sign for a potential driving pony . Handling wise , she's only just halter broken. She needs to learn to be led , and I'll need to spend lots of time handling her in the stable. She will let me approach slowly and scratch her withers. Only then , If I'm quiet , she will let me move my hand up her neck. She's a wee bit timid if you try to touch her face so is wearing a headcollar in the stable at the moment. I won't be turning her out until I can handle her in the stable without her shying away. Anyway , I managed to give her a wormer last night and she was quite happily munching on her hay when I left. I did take 2 pics. They are not that brilliant but I'll post them later anyway. I will go to the stables at 7am and while I am there , I will take some better pictures as well as handle her and tidy up her bed. Right now , I'm going to my bed as I'm not long in from work .
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2008, 03:38 AM
congrate on yr new pony we have 2 nf ponies(and live there!!) 1 is 16 yrs and we have a rising 2 yr old hope it all works well there is a chat room to find out if anyone has a relative of hers or you want advise or a chat just log onto nfed chat room or nfed(new forest equiene directory)
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear that your pony arrived safely and has begun to settle in.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >