Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Ramble away Ramble
I know what your saying and it makes sense, It is just that it hase never happened to me before. I can honestly say in all the years I have owned dogs, Boxer, Cocker Spaniel, Heinz 57's I have never had a dog fight. Poor little Poppy, mind you, It might just bring her down a peg or two.
Thanks hun
Elaine xxx
No I know what you mean....it is horrid isn't it? It does sound though, like it could have been a lot worse and that neither really wanted to 'fight' as such for the sake of sheer aggression, more as John says, resource guarding and problems over the ball/frisby/area...next time they may be the best of friends.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
No I know what you mean....it is horrid isn't it? It does sound though, like it could have been a lot worse and that neither really wanted to 'fight' as such for the sake of sheer aggression, more as John says, resource guarding and problems over the ball/frisby/area...next time they may be the best of friends.
I hope so, but it has knocked my confidence a bit. I will be wary of her in the future, I dont want to feel like that because I know it passes to the dogs.
Chris has her out on the field now, he has just phoned me to say she is fine, with the gang, 2 blood hounds, I Staffy, I English Bull terrier, 1 Old english Sheepdog, and a beagle, so she is fine, it's just her mummy that is in pieces. He did say her foot has started bleeding again, so he is bringing her home.
Thanks again hun,
Elaine xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Are the bloodhounds owned by a woman with red hair ? Very chatty and bubbly?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Are the bloodhounds owned by a woman with red hair ? Very chatty and bubbly?
Don't know hun, I only ever see the guy? Why do you think you know them?
Elaine xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I met a couple with a couple of bloodhoounds last year at the Warrington horse show, they won best brace in Greyhound rescues dog show. Really lovely couple. The bloke had really short hair, very chatty and friendly, very laid back types. The woman stuck in my mind as she said she looked like ehr dogs! I just wondered with you being so close to where the show was...there can't be many people with 2 Bloodhounds can there?!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I met a couple with a couple of bloodhoounds last year at the Warrington horse show, they won best brace in Greyhound rescues dog show. Really lovely couple. The bloke had really short hair, very chatty and friendly, very laid back types. The woman stuck in my mind as she said she looked like ehr dogs! I just wondered with you being so close to where the show was...there can't be many people with 2 Bloodhounds can there?!!!

That's true! I will ask next time I see them, which is most days
Elaine xxx
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Awww Elaine, how awful for you and Poppy. I hope you're both feeling better. Hugs from me & Poppy. x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
That's true! I will ask next time I see them, which is most days
Elaine xxx
I'm sure I wasn't that memorable!!!! Mind you they will remember if they were there or not!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I hope she is ok. If it were me, I'd bathe the wounds in salt water. This will keep them clean at least until she goes to the vet
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
Awww Elaine, how awful for you and Poppy. I hope you're both feeling better. Hugs from me & Poppy. x

Thanks Deana, yea feeling a bit better now, just cleaned her paw and put a dressing on it, Don't know how long she wil keep it on
Elaine xx
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »