Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Thanks Tracey, yea will do. It was such a shock, it's like your baby you know. I feel so sick to my stomach.
Elaine x
i know i would be the same elaine , she no match for staffie (not that all staffie are naughty )we saw staffie today that ,was run off scared stiff ,from a tiny little fluffy dog . the thing is she is ,so slightly built i would go ,to another area ,next time .its not worth it ,or come away if she arrives . xx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:01 PM
How awful. The owner of the Staff should pay the vet bill.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
How awful. The owner of the Staff should pay the vet bill.
I thought of that, but she is a neighbour you know! anyway I have insurance. But I have put a salt paste on it and we will see how it is in the morning. thanks Hun xxxx

Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
i know i would be the same elaine , she no match for staffie (not that all staffie are naughty )we saw staffie today that ,was run off scared stiff ,from a tiny little fluffy dog . the thing is she is ,so slightly built i would go ,to another area ,next time .its not worth it ,or come away if she arrives . xx
Yea we have always let them out there because it is at the back of our bungalow. Will have to watch out in future. Last night she was playing lovely with a Old English Sheepdog, two bloodhounds, 1 Jack Russell and a English Bull terrier....no problems at all I just can't get my head round it, it was totally random. Poor Ben just ambled over to see what all the fuss was about, he was so concerned you could see it in his face...bless him, he is licking her sore leg.
Elaine xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear this.
What did the owner say?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Sorry to hear this.
What did the owner say?
She was a wreck, but her boyfriend was ok, he said that he had never known her attack another dog. I have been round to see the Staffy and she is ok. He said she is very ball orientated and when he threw the ball, Poppy did her get away bark and the Staffy went for the ball and then dropped it and attacked Poppy. He was sorry, although he did say his own dog, (he bought the Staffy for her and her little girl) a pit bull was very dog aggressive Pit Bull Hope he don't bring that round, if he moves in with her.
Elaine xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:22 PM
So sorry this has happened, Elaine.

I still say "deed, not breed" and would be looking to the owners to pay for the vet bill.

*Hugs* honey x0x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
So sorry this has happened, Elaine.

I still say "deed, not breed" and would be looking to the owners to pay for the vet bill.

*Hugs* honey x0x
will see how she is in the morning and if I think she needs the vet, probs will anyway just to be safe, I will think about it.
Thanks sweetheart you have all been so kind
Elaine xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:26 PM
At least he was aware his is dog aggressive though, which is a good sign, as long as he does something about it.

Balls can be so useful for focusing dogs but can also cause real problems can't they? Had a terrible time when a dog nicked Cosmo's ball and bit it's owner (drawing blood...and it meant it) when she tried to get it back. It then had a go at Cosmo, who has since been a little wary of any dog that is close to his ball. He is improving...but it was really bad for a while.

It sounds like one of those awful dog arguments that break out and can happen with any breed at any time.
I was in our local park today with 3 staffis, 2 collies, a terrier cross and a Gordon Setter. The only dog that caused a problem for us was a BC that slammed into Cosmo's side when he was chasing his ball. It then did it again and tried to mount him (fairplay to Cosmo he is wising up to this and got away...) The owners kept telling me the dog was fine and just wanted to play and it always chases dogs that are chasing balls....but the fact was it had slam dunked Cosmo and it could have done some serious damage. I didn't say that, I have met them many times before and I couldn't be bothered... The staffis were all fine though, carrying their sticks or balls....
Ooo I forgot, the Gordon Setter stole my bag of chicken out of my pocket when I wasn't looking!!!!!

All I am trying to say is it sounds like one of those dog incidents that can happen at any time, anywhere, with any breed. Try not to let it knock your confidence. The next time this dog and poppy meet it could all be absolutely fine.

Huge hugs, it is so scary when something like this happens. Sorry for rambling on!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry to read about your frightening experience.

May I recommend that you get your girl back out with some doggy friends as soon as possible for a play and a romp. Unsettling experiences can develop into entrenched problems so early play would be highly advisable.

From the description of the encounter it sounds more akin to resource guarding than aggression per se and that both dogs were culpable for the escalation. If the staff's owners are receptive it might be worth pointing them towards a good behaviourist.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
At least he was aware his is dog aggressive though, which is a good sign, as long as he does something about it.

Balls can be so useful for focusing dogs but can also cause real problems can't they? Had a terrible time when a dog nicked Cosmo's ball and bit it's owner (drawing blood...and it meant it) when she tried to get it back. It then had a go at Cosmo, who has since been a little wary of any dog that is close to his ball. He is improving...but it was really bad for a while.

It sounds like one of those awful dog arguments that break out and can happen with any breed at any time.
I was in our local park today with 3 staffis, 2 collies, a terrier cross and a Gordon Setter. The only dog that caused a problem for us was a BC that slammed into Cosmo's side when he was chasing his ball. It then did it again and tried to mount him (fairplay to Cosmo he is wising up to this and got away...) The owners kept telling me the dog was fine and just wanted to play and it always chases dogs that are chasing balls....but the fact was it had slam dunked Cosmo and it could have done some serious damage. I didn't say that, I have met them many times before and I couldn't be bothered... The staffis were all fine though, carrying their sticks or balls....
Ooo I forgot, the Gordon Setter stole my bag of chicken out of my pocket when I wasn't looking!!!!!

All I am trying to say is it sounds like one of those dog incidents that can happen at any time, anywhere, with any breed. Try not to let it knock your confidence. The next time this dog and poppy meet it could all be absolutely fine.

Huge hugs, it is so scary when something like this happens. Sorry for rambling on!

Ramble away Ramble
I know what your saying and it makes sense, It is just that it hase never happened to me before. I can honestly say in all the years I have owned dogs, Boxer, Cocker Spaniel, Heinz 57's I have never had a dog fight. Poor little Poppy, mind you, It might just bring her down a peg or two.
Thanks hun
Elaine xxx
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »