Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:19 PM

OMG, have to put my beloved DOWN!!

please help me, as the tears will not stop!! i have a female pit bull mix and she bit someone for the second time, and is now considered VICIOUS; i think my only choice is to put her down!! the 2 important questions i was asked, DO YOU TRUST HER AND ARE YOU AFRAID OF KEEPING HER (OR LETTING HER OUT); and my answers we NO AND YES!! i know its the right thing to do; but it hurts SO MUCH!! PLEASE ADVISE, L
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Im very sorry for you,what a horrible situation you are in.Could i ask what the circumsatnces were that your dog bit someone?
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:41 PM
we have another dog, her mother, and she was barking at people on the road; we are on a corner lot without a fence; and the landlord said we couldn't put one up even at our expense; anyway, the dog who bit, heard her the other barking, and pushed her nose to open the sliding glass down and ran out to where the people were; the man started kicking her as he was afraid, but then she jumped up and bit the lady on the arm. all this is so horrible, and feel so bad...
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:41 PM
oh, thanks for caring; makes me feel better!!
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:42 PM
also, when outside only to use the bathroom, they are on a heavy chain link lease, not out by themselves with no lead.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:43 PM
How serious was the bite Alex - did it draw blood? Was there a tear in the skin? Could it have been a "mouthing" incident or are you absolutely sure it was an aggressive bite?
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:44 PM
you are welcome.
And the other time was similar i guess?
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:48 PM
i ran out there with peroxide and put it on her arm where i saw it bleeding; just as a kid when you get a brush burn, it bleeds alot only to see that the skin was just scraped; it was just a bite where she torn the skin on each side of her arm
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Ok for what it's worth and no doubt others might disagree to me it doesn't sound very serious, more like a warning bite, it sounds like she was exercising some bite inhibition, if she had been serious believe me with her teeth she could have ripped flesh off this woman's arm.

Did the person say anything? Did they threaten to call the warden or police or anything? Did she have to go to the emergency room ?

Having said all this - only you really know your dog, only you can know what to do. And only you can know how serious it was this time and the last time.

It sounds to me like you do everything you possibly can to
keep your dogs safe and protected from getting into trouble.

If it were me - i have to say I wouldn't have her put to sleep unless ordered to do so.

Originally Posted by alex1098 View Post
i ran out there with peroxide and put it on her arm where i saw it bleeding; just as a kid when you get a brush burn, it bleeds alot only to see that the skin was just scraped; it was just a bite where she torn the skin on each side of her arm
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I've just re-read your first posting, I guess if you don't trust her any longer and afraid to let her out then, sad to say, it looks like you've made the decision.

I am so sorry for you it is horrible situation.

Originally Posted by alex1098 View Post
please help me, as the tears will not stop!! i have a female pit bull mix and she bit someone for the second time, and is now considered VICIOUS; i think my only choice is to put her down!! the 2 important questions i was asked, DO YOU TRUST HER AND ARE YOU AFRAID OF KEEPING HER (OR LETTING HER OUT); and my answers we NO AND YES!! i know its the right thing to do; but it hurts SO MUCH!! PLEASE ADVISE, L
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »