Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Any updates Lara?
Lara_C
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2008, 06:28 PM
The lady from the GSD specific rescue came yesterday. She was here for 3 hours discussing Bailey with us and, although it was totally heartbreaking for us, we all decided that Bailey being rehomed was the best idea in the long run.

We got in contact with the previous owners to find out the vet Bailey has been vaccinated with, only to find out that she never had been.

Gill (the GSD lady) said that that was hardly surprising and said that she felt that we had been misled by the previous owners and that she felt we would have been great owners for Bailey.

As we said to Gill, if we had more time, we would have loved to have kept her.

Gill was fantastic. She was very non-judgemental although she said she was a bit suspicious of us to begin with, she could see from our faces, body language and our relationship with Bailey that this was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made.

Bailey went with Gill at 10am this morning to have her vaccinations (which we paid for) and then on to the kennels (which Gill has assured us, are one of the best kennels she's ever been to). We are also paying for Bailey to boarded at the kennels.

We are heartbroken Bailey has gone and both the OH and myself were in tears as Bailey went. She even jumped out of Gills car and stared at us as Gill drove away. We are so sad that this has happened and that we have made Bailey's life more unsettled.

Had a call from Gill tonight to say that Bailey has settled well and has already met some of the other dogs at the kennels. She said she is going to keep us updated as to whom Bailey is homed with but did say that she doubts she will have any problems rehoming her as she's very gentle and sweet.

Other information she has told us about Bailey is that she has definitely either had one very large litter or lots of smaller litters as her nipples were hanging low (so possibly could have been used as a breeder). Bailey is also not 6 years old but more likely to have been 7 to 9 years old. Given Bailey's reaction to new people and also her reaction to you getting low down and her backing off, Bailey has been mistreated at some point in her life.

The OH and I have decided not to have a dog again (which I'm sure some of you will be thrilled about).

Thank you so, so much to all those people (you know who you are) who have sent PMs to find out what's happening. You are all truly wonderful people and we thank you for your support.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lara_C View Post
The lady from the GSD specific rescue came yesterday. She was here for 3 hours discussing Bailey with us and, although it was totally heartbreaking for us, we all decided that Bailey being rehomed was the best idea in the long run.

We got in contact with the previous owners to find out the vet Bailey has been vaccinated with, only to find out that she never had been.

Gill (the GSD lady) said that that was hardly surprising and said that she felt that we had been misled by the previous owners and that she felt we would have been great owners for Bailey.

As we said to Gill, if we had more time, we would have loved to have kept her.

Gill was fantastic. She was very non-judgemental although she said she was a bit suspicious of us to begin with, she could see from our faces, body language and our relationship with Bailey that this was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made.

Bailey went with Gill at 10am this morning to have her vaccinations (which we paid for) and then on to the kennels (which Gill has assured us, are one of the best kennels she's ever been to). We are also paying for Bailey to boarded at the kennels.

We are heartbroken Bailey has gone and both the OH and myself were in tears as Bailey went. She even jumped out of Gills car and stared at us as Gill drove away. We are so sad that this has happened and that we have made Bailey's life more unsettled.

Had a call from Gill tonight to say that Bailey has settled well and has already met some of the other dogs at the kennels. She said she is going to keep us updated as to whom Bailey is homed with but did say that she doubts she will have any problems rehoming her as she's very gentle and sweet.

Other information she has told us about Bailey is that she has definitely either had one very large litter or lots of smaller litters as her nipples were hanging low (so possibly could have been used as a breeder). Bailey is also not 6 years old but more likely to have been 7 to 9 years old. Given Bailey's reaction to new people and also her reaction to you getting low down and her backing off, Bailey has been mistreated at some point in her life.

The OH and I have decided not to have a dog again (which I'm sure some of you will be thrilled about).

Thank you so, so much to all those people (you know who you are) who have sent PMs to find out what's happening. You are all truly wonderful people and we thank you for your support.
Oh hun, I am so sorry for you and O/H, I hope you will one day change your mind and get another dog as you seem very loving.... I also hope that Bailey finds a home asap
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Perhaps a dog at this time is not right, but who knows about the future ? Never say never as my Granddad used to say
Mcpherson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh Lara I am so sorry. And i hope karma comes and bites the previous owners on the bum. What horriffic people.
I guess you just have to take consolation in the fact that Bailey is going to find another home more suited to her where hopefullly she can be happy. I am just so sorry you had to do all this the hard way.
The decision to not have another one is probably the best for now but your hearts are most truly in the right place and you will make great owners when the time is right.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 06:43 PM
The right doggie will come along at the right time very soon I am sure.
In the mean time your post has reduced me to tears again. You know and I know you have done the right thing, something that actually took a lot of courage.
What I could do to Baileys previous owners They are just shunting that poor dog around because they are tired of her or she has out grown her usefulness to them.
Stay positive Sarah and please stay on Dogsey, there is so much to learn for next time
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Aw thanks for giving us the update Lara, an awful thing for all concerned, Lets hope the right home comes along for Bailey...........I know it will take you both ages to get over this but as Joedee says Never say never.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh Lara - I am sorry that Bailey could not stay with you and that things did not turn out as you would have loved. Sadly it has been a case of live and learn for you as you have found out to your cost.
You have clearly tried to do the very best for Bailey.
I agree with Nippy - don't say never - there will be a day when will have a bit more time to devote to a doggie and when that time comes he/she will have a loving home waiting.
All the best.
Page 15 of 18 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >